Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to the forum! My family (husband and twin 4 year old boys) are looking for a dobie puppy. We live in SE MI. Anyone have any ideas of a good place to go?

We currently have a 10 year old boxer. We had a red dobie, Zeus, who passed away 2 years ago. He was an awesome dog, but we got lucky b/c we just bought him from a person who happened to have dobies/puppies. We didn't do any checking or anything. Just bought him and brought him home. He was a great dog and we miss him every day!

So with young kids, another dog, and a cat we want to make sure we get a good temperament dog.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Super Moderator
21,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hello! I am new to the forum! My family (husband and twin 4 year old boys) are looking for a dobie puppy. We live in SE MI. Anyone have any ideas of a good place to go?

We currently have a 10 year old boxer. We had a red dobie, Zeus, who passed away 2 years ago. He was an awesome dog, but we got lucky b/c we just bought him from a person who happened to have dobies/puppies. We didn't do any checking or anything. Just bought him and brought him home. He was a great dog and we miss him every day!

So with young kids, another dog, and a cat we want to make sure we get a good temperament dog.

Thanks for any help!!
MiCher has a couple red bitches and a red male left from their litter...The pups are around 4 months old, and practically house broke. Ears done...so you could try Cheryl Hassett.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
MiCher has a couple red bitches and a red male left from their litter...The pups are around 4 months old, and practically house broke. Ears done...so you could try Cheryl Hassett.
My puppy Secret is from that litter and I can tell you I could not be happier with her! ( I flew out from Washington State to get her )

I would highly recommend contacting her about a puppy out of that litter if you are looking for one now.

Sue L

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I will second what Sue said....I have a pup out of the litter that Cheryl has and she is awesome!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
@karensvo.........Great job asking on here first. I live in NW Ohio and went to SE Michigan to get my pup. So far, he has been good, and I can only hope in the future that he stays healthy. I did not do any research and bought my pup on emotion. That said, I would have asked a whole lot more questions and most likely went another direction had I found DT first. I will not say the breeder's name on here as I do not want to get anyone stirred up. I would however recommend using this site as a great resource on what questions you should ask prior to picking the breeder. Superior, oversized, gigantic, big boned, monster dobes that can pull your car out of a ditch if you go off the road is most likely a gimmic to pull you in. Be careful and please listen to what people on here have to say. I have had one heck of an education since joining.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Good luck in your search for a new puppy! :) There is loads of great info on here about reputable breeders on here, you could also check out local rescues as there are lots of dober puppies avaliable for rescue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts