1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
If at all possible you should really try to find someone with a dobe locally that you can use as a model. I try to avoid working from photographs in my artwork, although, sometimes it may not be possible to do so. It is much more dificult to translate a three dimentional image into a two dimensional one, rather than a two dimensional (photograph) into a two dimensional work. just something to think about, not sure if you have had any schooling in art. if you wan't to see some of my work just send me a pm, i have done a few dobes too :) (about half are from photos :( ) try the gallery as TD said, and google images etc.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I posted a few head shots of Lexus at Chaz for ya! I'd love to have a picture of her!! Let me know what you think!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi!

greenkouki it would be perfect if I could see but painting or drawing a dog is not simple by looking at it since dogs won't stay still too long. All my paintings and drawings actually are from photos..

I don't know how much you would like my work and if I can actually post my website here but I do have a gallery of some work on flickr and you can see some of it there...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/827179/
Some of that work is couple years old.. some is new..

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/jessie_24/Picture012head0.jpg
Lexus this one looks great but I need better quality.. pic looks really good and is tempting me to do oil on canvas..

Bye, Katja

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
*Mental Note* edit pic size next time...

Sorry guys ;-)

Hey the huge picture does serve a purpose, I need to get the trimmers out after the wiskers and the ears!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lexus, the photo looks nice and is in right scale, but its not sharp enough. Try with the sam kind of photo but sharp. It is very important that a photo is sharp so I can see detailes...This kind of portrait would look good in Oils..

Pippin, your photo looks great, it is big enough, sharp too. I could use that for a drawing..

bye,
Katja

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
HEY! COOL! I am in a begginers painting class and for my first project...(JUST PRACTICE) I have been painting a picture from my Doberman calendar!!! It is a popular photo Ive seen it on a book too...but i just did it for practice! I usually draw dogs using ball point pen and it is made up of ALOT of tiny dots! This is my first time actually using paint and kinda know what I'm doing! I was actually working on it today. I'm sure its okay if I post it...just remember it is only for me...and practice...so it's okay to paint from that photo. lol Check it out ...it still isn't quite finished!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts