Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for a new Vet in the So Cal area who specializes in the Doberman breed. Our current vet seems to be a bit timid around our lil boy Rush. We took him in a few weeks ago because Rush was sneezing and the Vet acted afraid of him. Rush has never barked or showed any sign of aggression to the Vet and just loves the vet techs there (they love him). We just love the vet techs because they were so good with Rush when he was treated for Parvo.

The vet wouldn't even get near Rush who was just lying on floor wagging his little nub of a tail. I cannot imagine taking him back there because I feel he won't get adequate treatment.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murreydobe thanks we used Dr Jezbera for Rush's ears so maybe we will have to use him as our regular vet.

I will look into Dr Williams also.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Murreydobe thanks we used Dr Jezbera for Rush's ears so maybe we will have to use him as our regular vet.

I will look into Dr Williams also.
Just a caution-Dr. Williams is considerably more expensive than Dr. Jezbera in most things. This is partly due to the area where Yorba Regional is located, higher overhead. To me, this is balanced by the fact you can make appts. to see Dr. Williams, where Dr. Jezbera is first come, first served. I've used both, and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Murreydobe thank you for the info. Both are same distance from our home. Yes Dr J can get busy because he takes no appointments but talking to owners during Rush's after care they all seemed pleased with him. I looked at Dr Williams' location and I was amazed with their facility. Again thanks. We want best care for our guy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi folks, I was wondering, if either of those doctors are surgeons who do the type of procedure needed to remove two undescended testes? Our boy is 18 months old of pure gold, and as my wife is away with her mother, this is left to me, and I want to make sure he gets a surgeon experienced in this type of care. A Dr. Moon was suggested to me by someone on the street, but this was someone who had a simple neuter done, not one requiring finding the testes internally. I just don't want our boy to have anything but the best of care, he's that great of a guy.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Hi folks, I was wondering, if either of those doctors are surgeons who do the type of procedure needed to remove two undescended testes? Our boy is 18 months old of pure gold, and as my wife is away with her mother, this is left to me, and I want to make sure he gets a surgeon experienced in this type of care. A Dr. Moon was suggested to me by someone on the street, but this was someone who had a simple neuter done, not one requiring finding the testes internally. I just don't want our boy to have anything but the best of care, he's that great of a guy.
Dr. Williams did the neuter on a male I had who had one undescended testicle. I know it's worrisome to you, but this really isn't anything you need a board certified surgeon to do. It's really no more invasive than a spay surgery for a girlie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts