Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Your concerns are well grounded, as I'm sure you know, or you wouldn't be posting of course. How is your 10 month old now with other dogs? Or the Chi-pom? There are concerns with male on male aggression with dobermans. So you have to worry about the two males together. Of course there is always the case where everything turns out fine.

TD just tried to bring a male pup into his household and all did not turn out well for him. But he had no way of knowing before hand that there would be a problem. http://www.dobermantalk.com/showthread.php?t=782 Give this a read, everything TD did was correct from the first meeting being on "neutral ground" away from the house and so on. It didn't work in his case, but there is some good advice in there about what he did to try to make it work.

Would you be opposed to a female if you are concerned about the male on male issue with your small dog?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Any luck or headway on the puppy issue yet? I have to agree and disagree to a point, yes, work on getting your pup socialized and trained, as well as bond with her, but adding another dog while she is still a pup isn't that bad of an idea. Although at her age now, she may well be an adult before you find a suitable breeder and the pup is ready to come home though. Are you looking into rescue, at which case, I'd say go for it, and just bring your female to a neutral place to first meet the rescue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.