Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I looking to purchasing a red female pup as a companion for my family. I love the breed, have owned dobermans in the past and I'm considering purchasing a pup from Pamalot. Can some of the Pamalot owners share their experiences with Pamalot and the dogs they purchased. They seem like great people and I'm excited about the possibility of getting a beautiful pup. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,990 Posts
I've added the breeder name to your thread title and moved it to the "Breeding and Breeders" section. Hopefully some of the Pamelot owners here will see it and pop in.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I think Pamelot dogs are gorgeous and I'm pretty sure I've heard only good things about interactions with that breeder.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a six month old from Pam. I just can't say enough about the kennel and her dogs. I get compliments when we are at Petsmart or the dog park. Jaeger's temperament is outstanding (except in puppy class, he's the class clown). He socialized very well at daycare and at the dog park and was easy to train for the most part. Tammy who is the kennel manager is just as awesome. She helped me with posting his ears and still continues to help. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Pamelot has beautiful dogs with wonderful temperaments ... my heart dog Bronson came from Pamelot and I LOVE this dog ...Pam DeHetre also introduced me to the show dog world . I will always be grateful to her for that and for my wonderful boy Bronson ..!!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
LOVE Pamelot dobermans...when we get ready to add another one to our family she is my breeder of choice. I have only heard wonderful things about her dogs. We will be looking for a black female in a few years and I will do everything I can to get one from Pam.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Count me in as a happy customer as well. Pam is very knowledgable and has been there for any questions or concerns that have came up on my end. I got pictures of my little guy through out my waiting and she even sent him a birthday card!

On top of all of this, I really think she did a great job of picking the right pup for me. His temperment is what I was most concerned about because I had another Dobe in my house already. It was like she picked the perfect companion, and like I said, I couldn't be any happier....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just found your post and wanted to reply. My Jinka is 2 years 2 months, and we love her. Pam has been so good to answer questions and help out, and always replies when i send pics. Jinka is lovely, smart, healthy, protective, easy to handle and has been friendly with people. She loves to shop at Petco. Like all dogs, she needs my time, attention, and everyday training, but we have a lot of fun. In a few years, when we move back to the farm permanantly, I want another dobe and I hope to get her from Pamelot.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I know of someone who received a sick puppy with no offer of reimbursement for vet bills. The puppy also had a sensitive stomach with some difficulty finding a food that agreed with it. Also, they will take back a puppy, but dont refund any money. At least this is what I was told. I think they are happy now, but it was a rough start. Now that I have said that, no breeder is going to have a 100% satistaction rating. IMO, the vet bills should have been paid. Plus this is not the only sensitive stomach pup I have heard about.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have a red male from Pamelot, Finnegan, and I would not trade him for all the tea in china.....he has his problems, bad dentition, cryptorchid, and less than stellar eyesight--- but his love for me and mine for him make up for all the "physical imperfections" so to speak. I will say he has been a very expensive dude with the special neuter and he has allergies that we have to stay on top of. Pam has always answered my emails without fail, she is not hard to get in touch with. As for my boy, he is as smart as a dog can get, too smart maybe
and he is certainly beautiful with a perfect dock and crop. Would I get another from Pamelot? yes I would.

Reactions: Cathy43 and astra

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a black girl from Pam, she's 13 months old and I love her to death. She is gorgeous and has a fantastic temperament. I get lots of compliments on her. She does have a really sensitive stomach, though. I have to be super careful about what treats she gets and how many. She will get diarrhea at the drop of the hat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you for the feedback and replies. The info has been very helpful. I agree that no breeder is going to get a 100% rating. I am looking forward to getting a red female in a couple of weeks. My family and I are very excited about bringing her into our pack. I will post pictures in Oct. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know of someone who received a sick puppy with no offer of reimbursement for vet bills. The puppy also had a sensitive stomach with some difficulty finding a food that agreed with it. Also, they will take back a puppy, but dont refund any money. At least this is what I was told. I think they are happy now, but it was a rough start. Now that I have said that, no breeder is going to have a 100% satistaction rating. IMO, the vet bills should have been paid. Plus this is not the only sensitive stomach pup I have heard about.
I appreciate Linda's candor and honesty. This really is helpful because it shows another side to a breeder that people should consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck... I wrote another description of the nightmare that is my experience with Pamelot Dobes, but decided it just isn't worth the trouble - search my other posts if you are interested. Though, the situation is somewhat better in some respects, and much worse in others, since I wrote the previous posts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts