Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title indicates, looking for experiences with breeders in WI and Northern IL. My original thread was hijacked. We are looking for a Companion first and foremost with great temperament and health. Show quality, Schutzhund etc aren't really deal breakers either way for us, we just want a Pup / Dog that down the road won't turn Psycho, or have ongoing health issues that could have been prevented.

Thanks in advance.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Bruda and Smack Dab are in IL.
I personally think that their dogs are gorgeous and I've heard only good things about them.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Personally I wouldn't limit yourself to just those 2 states the best dog for you might be states away...

Breeders recommended to you from the other thread

Gormmae in MI
Lyndobe I think in MI
Bruda is in Central IL
Kansa in Kansas
Smack-Dab is Chicago area

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sort of limited the search to that geographic area due to the fact I want to drive to each breeder I consider and check things out.

I've taken down the info from the other thread and have been in the process of communicating with the referrals, but wanted to solicit experiences people have had with different breeders, as my first thread was initially questions about one particular dog and breeder. I figure the more info I have the better my chances of getting the right Dobe and right breeder.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Both of my dogs are Lyndobe dogs and I could not be any happier. You can see photos of my boy here: Wheeler

Fayek Dobermans is in WI and currently has a "Blue" (BISS Ch Ravenswood Azure Sky RA CGC) litter on the ground. In addition they have a "Turner" (BISS/Can/Int/UKC/AKC Grand Ch. Lyndobe's Turn On Da Charm) litter, due soon. "Turner" is a half-brother to my boy and the sire of my girl. Turner is a gorgeous boy with a fabulous temperament. "Samia" the dam of the Turner litter spent a week in my home last year, and is just a lovely bitch, with a fabulous temperament.

You are welcome to PM me for more info if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
21,908 Posts
There are a lot of happy Bruda owners here. You might send a PM to Sizzledog - she's owned four (I think?) Bruda dogs and I'm sure she'd be happy to chat with you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does Elizabeth from Fayek go by Betsy?

Both of my dogs are Lyndobe dogs and I could not be any happier. You can see photos of my boy here: Wheeler

Fayek Dobermans is in WI and currently has a "Blue" (BISS Ch Ravenswood Azure Sky RA CGC) litter on the ground. In addition they have a "Turner" (BISS/Can/Int/UKC/AKC Grand Ch. Lyndobe's Turn On Da Charm) litter, due soon. "Turner" is a half-brother to my boy and the sire of my girl. Turner is a gorgeous boy with a fabulous temperament. "Samia" the dam of the Turner litter spent a week in my home last year, and is just a lovely bitch, with a fabulous temperament.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the replies and info. ( and PMs ) Got some more reading and research to do now :D

·
Extraordimary
4,954 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Reactions: ssgharkness020147

·
Registered
123 Posts

I also have a female from Fayek - Fayek Fancy Don't Let Me Down and coudn't be happier - The sire is Am/Can/Int'l/Mex/UKC Champion Thriller De Black Shadow and dam is Kurbans Before He Cheats, a Cambria bitch. She was a very mature and serious, regal gal from the start. Never went through the defiant puppy, she has always been well behaved and gets along great with others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts