Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to purchase a 5 month old female pup from Dam Barronessa Von Pressilla and sir Tahi-Reme Gerett with AKC full registration for 4k. Seems high but I understand that the owner did have to get her to the US and has started basic training. Thoughts?

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Having imported a puppy from TR Gerett myself, I can tell you I paid no where near that much to bring her over myself. A 5 month old puppy cannot have much basic training at all. Personally, I think it is a lot to pay. I like the pedigree, but would want to see the individual puppy and work with it before making any decision if I were you. If you are not very familiar with these lines, and training, I would also ask for health testing and a independent temperament evaluation. To put things in perspective, I can buy an 18 month old GSD police prospect with solid basic training and bite work started for around $3K.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I just recently imported a puppy from Europe. Nope, didn't spend that much either. But, to each his own. If you know that is what you want...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts