Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to buy akc doberman in the next month would like to stay in the bay area CA to buy but if any one knows any pups gunna be for sale or that are please let me know
Ill be looking for a black male AKC for show I am willing to travel within Cali to buy the pup would like to stay under 1600$ with ears done. Ill be ready to buy the end of this month any info would be very helpful thanks

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum. Probably people need more info from you first. What are your plans for your new pup? Working/show/pet/breeding? Do you prefer male/female, color? How far are you willing to travel and how long are you willing to wait? Sometimes finding the right breeder and litter take a while, but in the end it is all worth it.

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sometimes you get more responses as a new member, by posting something in the New Member section. You may find that there will be a lot of questions and people will want to know a bit about your experience with dogs and Dobes in particular.

It is usually unlikely to find really excellently bred dogs "on demand", as often the puppies are spoken for or under consideration even before the breeding. Sometimes there are pups available, but most breeders will require you to fill out an application, be interviewed, and ascertain that the home and environment you will provide are suitable for their dogs. They feel very responsible for them, and I think you may find it takes a bit longer than a month, if you are truly looking for a show prospect.

Welcome, and hope you stick around if you're serious, and do some research here. There are so many experienced people here.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
If you are seriously looking for a competitive show dog and are serious about the committment, you need to be a lot more interested in the quality of the puppy than proximity to where you live. Secondly, you won't find a real competitive show prospect puppy for the price you mention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts