Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My name is Tyler and I am new to this site so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place..

I have recently begun looking for a doberman puppy in puppy stores and a few ads i found online but to no avail. So I am searching for a breeder in the central Florida (preferably greater Orlando) area. I am looking for a male pup preferably red no more than 3 months old.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
I'm sure someone will chime in soon with a breeder
I am in Texas
but it's not wise to get one from a store or a hobbist breeder
this particular breed needs to be professionally bred...

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am aware of the puppy mill epidemic and how these animals are mistreated even as residents in store this is what drove me to post her in the first place.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
go to dpca.org and search for breeders in Florida. There are several good ones down your way.
Good for you for doing your research BEFORE you buy!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Good luck with your research and search for just the right pup or dog.

Not sure if you would be interested, but if you get the chance maybe you could check out a few young Rescue Doberman in your area too.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
PLEASE don't get a puppy from a pet store or someone in the paper. It will be easier to get a puppy that way but it will cost you MUCH more in the long run. There are some great breeders in Florida, though none that I can remember right now but hopefully the FL members will chime in. A good, well bred puppy is worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,325 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Please, please do not buy for a store and BYB or puppy mill. Please take some time and do your research on what to look for in a breeder and please also consider rescuing. There are many, many wonderful Dobermans waiting for homes in rescue. A good rescue will help match the perfect Doberman to your and your lifestyle.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Pamalot is in Georgia... not that far away. And I think Carosel is around there. I haven't met any Carosel dogs but have heard nothing but good things. I have met a Pamalot dog and Pam herself and was impressed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Monarch, Jeff Brucker, is in Belleview, not that far from Orlando. He has been in dobermans for a very long time. I met him when he was handling dobermans in the early 70s. He was the top doberman handler on the mid/east side of the US at that time and is still important in the breed. Jeff was also super nice to me, a newbie, in the ring, something I cant say about a lot of the other professional handlers of that time. All show breeders have pet puppies in their litters. My boy in the avatar was a pet pup from a show breeder.:)

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
some of you are saying BYB
he may not know what that means

basically don't buy from some one who has a boy dog
and a girl dog and just has batches of pups
Doberman genes need to be researched=the breeder
should know the pedigree and only breed what they feel
is an outstanding combo of dogs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate everyone's help so far. i will continue to look into the aforementioned breeders until i can find the right dog. and i can assure you i wont be buying from a pet store :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts