Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm looking for a purebred red Doberman Puppy. I live in Oklahoma. But I'm also willing to travel to one of the connected states: Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, etc.. If you are a breeder or know of any breeders, please let me know! I would love to purchase the puppy right away, but I'm also willing to wait if the litter isn't quite ready. Thank you for your time!

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts

·
joie de vivre
11,198 Posts
Hi bossman! Welcome to the forum.

Just a bit of fair warning, its rare to find and bring home a pup as soon as you start looking. Most good breeders have their litters spoken for before the puppies are born. Not always but its common.

Typically, you should plan ahead for the time you want to bring home a puppy. Ideally, you would have identified the breeder and got on a wait list a few months ago (at least) if you knew that you were going to be ready for a puppy now.

So, because you're just getting started in your search now, you might want to be prepared to get on a wait list and that could mean waiting 6-months to a year.

Maybe not. Maybe you'll get lucky. But just so you know, that's not typical.

·
Big Lil pup
6,152 Posts
Hi Boss! And welcome from the Pacific NW.

So...... What brw said! ^^^^

When looking for a Dobe pup that you are hopefully going to spend a decade or more with as a member of your family... Patience is a virtue. That and a lot of research will help you get the pup of your dreams.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I would advise you to make a doggie resume for yourself when contacting reputable breeders. Just asking if they have puppies will not get you a response. Your first contact (if by email) should include some information about yourself and your family, your living situation, your experience with dogs, why you want a Doberman, and your plans for your Doberman. The supply of well bred Dobermans is far less than the number of people who think they want one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good advice from all. I've been looking for a well bred American Dobe Pup for about 5 years now. We found our first rescue as a young pup from some people who were moving out of the country to the city and he turned out to be a great dog except that he succumbed to DCM at what we thought was an early age. We got another rescue Dobe who'd been found as a stray so we had no knowledge of his past. He's very sweet but the first Dobe that I've ever met that isn't very smart. LOL Every other I've gotten from a breeder or bred myself so I commend you for looking for a breeder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts