Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family just got a new member! She is a beautiful red and she is very smart. I can tell that she is going to be a real joy.

I haven't named her yet and I was wondering if members could throw some ideas my way.

Here are the things that i am thinking about in a name:
something dark
exotic
sophisticated

:jonkel:

I have been a member on this board for a while but I haven't been active lately due to some attitude i was recieving before.

So lets get some things straight.
1) this lovely little girl was given to me by someone who didn't understand how much attention these dogs need
2) i don't care about anyone's opinions on this site.
3) if i want an opinion i will ask for it

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
read number 3....

im asking for them..
something else we need to get straight I guess is...
1. Unless your getting her spayed and your boy neutered, I personally won't be giving any advice or opinions to ya.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
5.4 Speedster -
You did not receive "attitude" you received advice and education - what you do with that is up to you.
You are more than welcome to remain a part of this forum and I encourage you to become a more active participant - but please try not to display your own attitude and insult the other members here who have done nothing but try to help you make informed decisions in the past.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
hmm is this a call name?
Or is this name in conjunction with the kennel for her papers?
I had to ask a question on my own don't know whether this meets with your approval 1-2-3.
Sorry couldn't help myself, have another question if were such a pain here why did you come back?
Just to let you know as well -
my mother and father are dead and to tell you the truth`1-2-3 they are they only people I clicked my heels to Dorothy.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
First and foremost, this site is all about the Doberman. It's not about any individual. Lets keep this in mind that the members that participate here care about this breed and are willinging to help, contribute and share their experiences. There is a vast amount of different experiences that can be found here. We have show people, we have pet owners and everything in between.

According to Webster, A forum is a public meeting place or medium for open discussions. This one is about the Doberman. When someone posts a question, I would assume you are looking for responses from others. One of our rules that we follow is to be respectful to other members. And we hold that dearly. Some answers may or may not be what we wanted to hear but there are reasons why we may questions certain situations. Alot of times it seems that some information may be missing from a post and others may try to fill in the gaps with their assumptions to try to help.

Its very easy to get defensive about what some one may post due to how we type things. Thats human nature. You may or may not type from the hip when you want to respond to someone and others may interpet as rude, cynical or mean even though it was not as you meant it. I would hope that everyone would treat others as they would want to be treated. We are all here for the same thing. To learn, to help, to share experiences and to guide all in the name of the Doberman.

In many ways, this is like a virtual family and we all know how family members sometimes treat each other. Its really easy to say something bad about a family member than it is a stranger. At the Annual Kratty Family reunion, everything is great until you here those familiar words,"So whats that suppose to mean?" and it goes down hill from there and it gets personal. In which I quickly move to the kids table for safety reason.

This is just a reminder of why we are all here. Its all about the Doberman...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
5.4 speedster said:
I don't care if you are asking for an opinion or not, starting a thread of like this, I don't feel inclined to offer any help. Seems the only one with attitude here, is you.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
5.4 speedster said:
If you don't care, why ask?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
5.4 speedster said:
My family just got a new member! She is a beautiful red and she is very smart. I can tell that she is going to be a real joy.

I haven't named her yet and I was wondering if members could throw some ideas my way.

something dark
exotic
sophisticated

I have been a member on this board for a while but I haven't been active lately due to some attitude i was recieving before.

1) this lovely little girl was given to me by someone who didn't understand how much attention these dogs need
Wow! that post just makes me want to run right out and spend some of my valuable time to help you........NOT.

Good luck with your new Dobe.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
5.4 speedster said:

something dark
exotic
sophisticated

Considering the comments above, I've got the PERFECT name for your dog:

POT.KETTLE.BLACK

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I don't disagree Murrey :)

Well I doubt this thread is going to serve any purpose, so I'm going to close it. I was doomed before it even started IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.