Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discussed this with Stormy and Pearl. :)

They agree that a young female DoberGirl might fit into our pack.

I am not in any hurry to take on a new responsibility, but I do know that i need a young dog in my life one day soon.

I would like another black and tan female as it has been years since I was owned by one and they are my alltime favorite doberman!

I am hoping to find one that is around 3 to 4 months of age as it would be better/easier for Pearl to accept as a new member in our pack.

So, if anyone hears of anything, cropped, docked, all natural, it does not matter, please let me know.

Though I am in BC, Canada, I am open to having one shipped or driven here from elsewhere, if the right girl comes along and it could be worked out.

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for all the PM's and emails but I am not interested in buying a puppy from any breeder.

I posted in the rescue section because i want to give a home to a young female Doberman in need.

So, if anyone knows of a RESCUE or SHELTER that has any young female black and tan Dobiegirls in need of a home.......let me know. :)

thanks again.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
How far are you willing to travel D? I have found several young rescue girls but they may be to far to be plausible...

I know most rescues I've heard of wont ship sight unseen to people but several of our clients have flown/driven to other states for in person interviews and come back....one flew all the way to new jersey for a new cat! (that flight alone was part of why they were told they were approved, they showed commitment before they were even approved as adopters :))

Reactions: Darkevs

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sam1491, thanks, I will not be travelling too far.........but who knows, if the right dog comes along........... :)

When I got Koko Puff, she was in Washington but we organized a rescue 'train' to get her here to me.

So, anything is possible.

I know I will have to wait for a while before the right dog/pup is found, but i am in no hurry.

So, any you come across that may be what i am hoping for.just send me the info. and I will check them out!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Yea some i found are deff to far then! but my eyes are ears are open :) it'll happen when it happens ;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think if we found you the perfect dobergirl, we could drum up a DT train to get her to you.. we have members all across the land!

Hoping that a very special little lady finds her way to you :)

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
longshot4me, I think we DTers could do it for sure. :)

I find myself in a very odd space in time................I had thought maybe in a year or two I would start looking for one but now I realize, as Stormy is over 11 now, that I am close to being without a Doberman for the first time in over 35 years.

It scares me. Not sure what I would do without a Doberman following me everywhere I go.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,606 Posts
Good luck in your search for the perfect black and tan female. I must say they are my fav also!! She will find you when it is meant to be. :butfly:

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
As you might guess, I like black and tan females myself! Or at least the one I have.

I do hope you find your little girl soon, or at least when she needs you to! I did want to ask you if you were going to get another Dobie, but wasn't sure if the timing was right. Here you are answering it for me!

·
30,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dragonflyz.......got a link to your site?

Though you are a wee bit further away than I would like...I would like to 'see' her!

I just missed out on a little 4 1/2 month old B/T girl that was only about 100 miles away from me. But am glad she found a new home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too am considering adopting, I would prefer a full male or female pup but will def consider full bred older dogs. Im in southern IN and was thinking of buying a pup from a breeder but i would love to adopt to help out a dog in need. Im new here but ive adopted 2 Pits off of Petfinder through the years and have adopted out several other Pits i have took into our family. I can only consider dogs that have good temperments with children, they will be house kept with a decent sized fenced in yard also, i also need the dog to be young/healthy enough for long walks as that is part of my daily exercise. I adopted out my last Pit a month ago and life is just so lonely without a canine partner!!!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
smoke 229 there are loads of adoptables in surrounding states on petfinder from regular shelters and dober rescues, ohio and illinois especially have quite a few and from what I have seen so far there seem to be more young males right now v. females.
One of many :) http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22488461
Good Luck

Good luck D I have my feelers out there but all the rescues that are close not the opposite side of the country lol are empty or full of boys, We both know she'll show up when the timing is perfect though, they're pretty good at sort of falling into your lap when your looking the other direction ;)

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
dragonflyz.......got a link to your site?

Though you are a wee bit further away than I would like...I would like to 'see' her!

I just missed out on a little 4 1/2 month old B/T girl that was only about 100 miles away from me. But am glad she found a new home.
I know she is kind of far away, but when has that ever stopped you? LOL
Here are a few pics of Olivia, she is a little camera shy so these pics dont really do her justice. She is Cute! Good luck inyour search, I know you will find the right girl.

More pics can be seen @ www.ddrinc.net

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
They're all a bit of a drive/would need transport figured out but why not take a look :)

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Clinton, MI | Bunny

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Austin, TX | Audrey

Quite a cutie...
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Columbia, SC | Harper

My personal fav...look at that face! and if she made it from Tennessee to NY who says she cant make it to BC too, and i'd be more than willing to assist in part of a cross country drive... ;)
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Long Beach, NY | Zoey

1 - 20 of 93 Posts