Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you CO peeps -- need some help with ear posting! I've tried...I really have. Read the articles, watched videos, made the breeder I got my pup from do it twice so I could watch her.

She is in TX, so cant help me here in CO now that we're back. She uses the tampon method. I have tried 3 times now and the darn things keep popping out! I keep thinking I am putting them down into the ear far enough, but the first time my boy shakes his head - pop it comes out.

I've determined this is not a skill I am picking up on quickly, and dont want to make my pup be the guinea pig :)

So I am on the hunt for a vet who is recommended. The first vet I took my boy to was competent but we were a bit turned off by his bedside manner (kinda talked trash about my pup's crop the whole time, since he didnt do it, even suggested he could 'fix' it for us). I can go back to him if need be, but would love to hear about other vets in the area that folks like!

Thanks for all feedback! Cheers

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,451 Posts
Yup, I'm here. Can't recommend a vet because my dogs were cropped in other states, but I can certainly try to help with the posting.
Send me a PM (if you haven't already) with info how to meet up with you and we can go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts