Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just adopted from rescue an adorable 5 months old Dobe (his name is Jay) and looking for a trainer in San Jose, CA area. Any recommendation is gratefully appreciated!

·
Premium Member
11,189 Posts
Did you ask the rescue for recommendations on trainers? Sometimes they have a list of trainers they recommend.

Also try contacting a Chapter Club (of the DPCA) I think the closest to you would be DPC of Northern California--secretary is Janeen Davis e-mail is [email protected] or Redwood Empire DPC secretary is Dana Pasquale e-mail is [email protected].
I'd suggest contacting Marg Brooks who is the delegate to the AKC for Rdwood Empire DPC and who has been the answer person for California for years but she's also in Santa Rosa which is a disaster after the recent fires--I don't think she had to evacuate but I knew her power was out for several days.

I've been out of California for over 20 years now and was in Southern California before I came back to the PNW so I'm not very much help.

Also, local vet clinics often know who the local trainers are--that's another place to try for a recommendation.

Good luck and have fun with your new boy...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts