Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So I'm currently looking for a breeder in or near Montana. I am willing to travel a pretty good distance to meet the Dam and Sire, the breeder and the puppies. I found two breeders in Montana and have tried to contact both of them but have not heard from them so far.

They are Crestline Dobermans Crestline dobermans and Marienburg Dobermans Marienburg dobermans if anyone has any background on these breeders that would also be great.

I am willing to wait months if it means getting a great and healthy puppy from a great breeder!

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Well done on being willing to wait for the right pup and breeder! Also well done on doing research! I'm no help regards advice on specific breeders as I'm in another country...but just be aware that an ethical and responsible breeder is highly unlikely to have both sire and dam in the same place for viewing....although they will have all the information like pedigrees, health testing and photos of the absent parent.

good luck in your search....and pedigree databases are your friend whilst searching ;) ....as well as the wealth of informative threads here at DT :)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Below is a link to the DPCA Breeders Directory. If you're willing to travel, there are many good breeders in western Washington and Oregon, for example:

Foxfire
Starlaine
Emerald
Ravensown
Sherluck
Wingate

Just to name a few.

DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

Jan

Reactions: dobe1989

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Either of the two are good. Although, Marienburg, Mary Rodgers, I don't think is breeding anymore. I bought a pup from her (Mary's) kennel about 10 years ago. She was very supportive.

There is a lesser known breeder who is reputable in Helena. She uses the name Kessler, just like the Montana beer. She is head of animal control in Helena and a nice person. Her name is Sue Chennia I think.

However, both of the other 2 have roots with Mary Rodgers of Marienburg.

There is also Baystar located North of you in Canada. But I don't think Baystar is having any puppies for awhile now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I bought my boy Remington from Crestline Dobermans and have nothing but good to say about the breeder. She is great to work with, I got to meet both of the parents and she has been there for any questions I had. She showed me proof of the health testing and I visited her kennels. I will be purchasing a female from her in the near future. If I couldnt get one from her I would look at Foxfire. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Be patient with Crestline's usually on the weekends is when she does most of her emailing. She is planning a litter in the spring of next year so they would be ready to go around June. Sorry just seen that you tried to contact her so I thought I would let you know that you can also call her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be patient with Crestline's usually on the weekends is when she does most of her emailing. She is planning a litter in the spring of next year so they would be ready to go around June. Sorry just seen that you tried to contact her so I thought I would let you know that you can also call her.
Thank you so much for your advice! I am currently out of the country till January. When I get back to MT I will definitely give her a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Either of the two are good. Although, Marienburg, Mary Rodgers, I don't think is breeding anymore. I bought a pup from her (Mary's) kennel about 10 years ago. She was very supportive.

There is a lesser known breeder who is reputable in Helena. She uses the name Kessler, just like the Montana beer. She is head of animal control in Helena and a nice person. Her name is Sue Chennia I think.

However, both of the other 2 have roots with Mary Rodgers of Marienburg.

There is also Baystar located North of you in Canada. But I don't think Baystar is having any puppies for awhile now.
Thank you for you recommendation, I have been having a difficult time finding any breeder in MT and I am really grateful for your help!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you look at the DPCC website you will see there are quite a few breeders in Alberta, Canada we well that are in reasonable distance to MT.

·
Registered
198 Posts
our boy came from Starlane he is just great and Elain is a very reputable breeder.......she flew him into Kalispell for us to pick him up.....we did reimberse her for the air, but saved us a trip from kila to the west coast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts