Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am new to this website and will also be a first time Dobe owner, hopefully. I have been reading alot about Dobermans. I am looking for a healthy (that has been tested for vWD, Wobbler's, DC, DCM, HD) doberman pup from a reputable breeder in VA, MD or PA. I am not looking for show dog. I am looking for a pet dog. I work from home from time and can definitely can devote time to the upbringing of the new pup. If requried I and the pup are ready for obedience training. There's is so much information out there and on this site that sometimes it is overwhelming. But at the same time I know that there are folks here who would provide the best guidance and information on the breeders. I have heard of Jambolou Dobermans (in PA), Trinitiy Dobermans (in VA). Kimbertal is 100% out of question based on all the information I have. So if you all can provide me some good breeders in VA, MD, PA I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,764 Posts
I live in Delaware and I got my Doberman "Shoni" from Vom Amaris K-9. Barbara Canfield is an amazing breeder, trainer, and person! She's the best :)
If anyone wants more information please email me, go check out her website Main Page |Professionally Trained Doberman Dogs and Puppies for Sale 573-299-4010 |Doberman Pinscher Breeders | Doberman Pinscher | European Doberman Puppies | Schutzund | Trained Dobermans for sale
Not a breeder I'd be interested in. Every single bitch and dog on their website is oversized, untitled, and they have extremely limited health testing shown. For the prices they charge, I'd expect both parents to be titled and health tested up the wazoo.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I live in Delaware and I got my Doberman "Shoni" from Vom Amaris K-9. Barbara Canfield is an amazing breeder, trainer, and person! She's the best :)
If anyone wants more information please email me, go check out her website Main Page |Professionally Trained Doberman Dogs and Puppies for Sale 573-299-4010 |Doberman Pinscher Breeders | Doberman Pinscher | European Doberman Puppies | Schutzund | Trained Dobermans for sale

Imo, Amaris has never been a quality breeder. The original owner started out breeding albinos and kept the dogs in less than desirable conditions. I understand the kennel/name sold years ago, but the quality of the dogs, beyond not being albino, never changed.

If the dogs are not titled in some venue or health tested for the various diseases dobermans can suffer from, I wouldn't advise anyone to purchase from them.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
i have never seen her or any of her dogs at local shows or sport events, including our matches...and we even get the occasional entry from a Kimbertal owner. that alone would make me wonder about her. everything else just screams NO.

·
Bazinga!
4,534 Posts
No No
No
This is a prime example of the type of breeder that should be avoided at all costs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Vom Amaris doberman....best dog I've ever owned. Beautiful dog, smart, sweet , everything you could ask for. Loyal. Wonderful dog. Vom Amaris gets a bad rap on this site. I don't care if she shows or not, if you want a companion dog this dog was the best. I asked her for a nonaggressive, sweet dog and that's exactly what I got . she lived for 10 years to the day, which is average. People on this site act like unless a breeder has top champions and tests for everything they aren't any good. Barbara is a very experienced breeder, unfortunatley I don't see her or her dogs on the internet anymore.

·
Super Moderator
15,461 Posts
I had a Vom Amaris doberman....best dog I've ever owned. Beautiful dog, smart, sweet , everything you could ask for. Loyal. Wonderful dog. Vom Amaris gets a bad rap on this site. I don't care if she shows or not, if you want a companion dog this dog was the best. I asked her for a nonaggressive, sweet dog and that's exactly what I got . she lived for 10 years to the day, which is average. People on this site act like unless a breeder has top champions and tests for everything they aren't any good. Barbara is a very experienced breeder, unfortunatley I don't see her or her dogs on the internet anymore.
I'm sure you had a great dog, they all are, but that doesn't mean this person had any business breeding Dobermans. If a breeder is not doing adequate health testing and titling prior to breeding It doesn't matter how nice they are or how beautiful and sweet the dogs they produce are. We have to expect more for the breed itself.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
We have so many excellent breeders in Pennsylvania and nearby...I can't imagine wanting to support someone who isn't doing everything right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts