Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a good fleece or sweater for Archer. He is about 85 lbs. I would like to find something that is comfortable around the house for him. I am thinking something with stretch and that goes on his front legs. Preferably without velcro as his sister has mastered the art of ripping open velcro and turning dog clothes into tug toys! Does anyone have recommendations for styles/brands that they have used and loved? I bought him a fleece without legs (just has leg holes) but when he sleeps or plays the holes are binding. I would like something that will keep him warm in the house and not be biding or restrictive. Thanks in advance for sharing your "winners"! :)
Dog Eye Carnivore Collar Working animal
Dog Eye Carnivore Collar Working animal

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Beau has an overcoat from Amazon and 2 custom fleeces from moderator/member Meadowcat. You can find her on Facebook or at her website (Google). Beau loves them and has been wearing his hoodie all week.
Custom to his measurements, they are fantastic!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Tree Mammal

Dog breed Plant Ear Grey Carnivore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! I just sent info to Made by MeadowCat to order two Snoods and one Regular Fleece from them. I was excited to see so many Dobies on their website! It is great to order with confidence that they will fit!!. I have so many that don't. I also love that they don't have velcro closures! My Dobie's little sister is VERY skilled at ripping velcro open, removing his coat and turning it into a tug toy. They have demolished two of them this way! Thanks again for the recommendation!

·
Premium Member
8,624 Posts
I recommend Made by MeadowCat she knows how to make a great fleece jammie (something I call them) to fit the deep chest of the Doberman i have many of her fleece's and even had one made with longer legs as sometimes my female and I travel to NC for Nose Work trials and it can be very cold for this Florida team. We are leaving for a trial this Saturday in NC and the temps are low 20's at night with a high mid 30's during the day and my girl will be wearing her fleece Made by MeadowCat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recommend Made by MeadowCat she knows how to make a great fleece jammie (something I call them) to fit the deep chest of the Doberman i have many of her fleece's and even had one made with longer legs as sometimes my female and I travel to NC for Nose Work trials and it can be very cold for this Florida team. We are leaving for a trial this Saturday in NC and the temps are low 20's at night with a high mid 30's during the day and my girl will be wearing her fleece Made by MeadowCat
I am in Colorado and my boy gets cold, even in the house...hence the Jammies. I did contact MeadowCat and I am ordering him three! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have several Made By Meadowcats, obviously (her boy is one of my puppies, albeit a 9 year old "puppy"). Wicca is wearing hers in the house tonight. My dogs have been very comfortable in them.

Oh cool! I love that one. I did the Grab Bag option, so it will be fun to see what we get! I did order one that is Harry Potter. I couldn't resist! I love the name Wicca! Very cool, especially for a Dobie! Also, excellent that she is NINE!

View attachment 144543

1 - 12 of 12 Posts