Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I do not plan to purchase a Dobie anytime soon but I would like to have a few breeders under my belt so I know what my options are.
I plan to compete in Schutzhund, Agility, Obedience and I may consider travelling abroad to show in Europe. My interest is mostly in Schutzhund, however.

I would like a Dobie from some reputable, a dog that is not only a great companion but an agile worker. I would also REALLY love to have natural ears and a natural tail! I have nothing against cropping OR docking, I just prefer the natural look and the crop/dock isn't necessary as I won't be showing in America.

Does anyone know of a breeder that will suit my needs and preferences?
I've contacted the breeder referral of TX but I want opinions from this forum as well.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,950 Posts
Hi from Beaumont.

Have you looked at the United Doberman Club's breeder list? UDC Breeder Directory Some of them have more working line dogs. The odds of getting the pup you want in Texas are kind of slim, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't mind a drive to canada or don't mind paying for shipping fees (which they do), contact hilltophaven. It's near thunder Bay Ontario Canada. They are all euros. Yeah some are Serbian or Macedonian but they are completing/completed IPO/shutzhund so temperament is likely to be sound for that type of task.

The cost would be around 2600 Canadian dollars minus shipping.

Hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts