Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
9,170 Posts
who is the breeder? I would imagine that they can give you some ideas of who they like and respect.

Edit: Ok, I just realized that the above is not an option since your puppy came from out of the country.

Did you buy a puppy intending to show in the breed ring? You bought a European puppy that most likely will not be a show prospect for the American show ring - not to mention - can you register her with the AKC?

If you plan on doing UDC shows with her - then I believe you handle your own dogs......... not sure about that though as I'm not real up on their rules and regs.

At this point, I would contact some reputable breeders in your area to see if a couple can evaluate your puppy to see if it would be worth your time and money to think about going in the breed ring.

· Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Actuly, I beleave AKC recognises INT Ch.'s. AKC just being a registry really don't mean anything. But your right, they are not American Champions. All imports can be trasferred to AKC with export pedigrees.
The AKC does not recognize an international championship - they only recognize titles earned at AKC events. They are much more than a registry.

I would probably enter and earn international championships on my dogs if I had the time to do it - just for fun. It is not something that I would take seriously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.