Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping my friend search for the perfect doberman puppy. She has been searching for years now and is finally ready, with all of her excitement she would eagerly buy the first puppy available, but I refuse to let her do this!

I own shepherds and train them in schutzhund, but I know nothing about working dobermans and their pedigrees. I would like to find a breeder that breeds for a good balance of drives, strong but calm temperament, and of course comes from lines with passing health certs.

I want to help her find a puppy that will not be hectic or overly nervy, a dog that can be calm and learn easily with an eager to please his handler. A good balance of drives is a must, some prey, some hunt, and food drive as well.

Does not have to be a competition level dog, maybe just a nice club level dog, one that she can work with and has the right temperament for the work, but not necessarily going to go to nationals with. I believe she is looking for a black and tan male.

Location should not be a problem, she is willing to pay for shipping for the right puppy.

Thanks,
Mina

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
what a nice favor for your friend
good luck pup hunting!! and yes Dobermans need to be well bred for health reasons
so definately don't let her just buy any pup

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Welcome to DT. Check out the UDC: Official Website of the United Doberman Club

All in the US:
vom Koby Haus
vom Landgraf
von Luka
Incredible Dobermans
Kansa Dobe
Beja
Kye
First Stryk
Cara
Swift Run
Masaya
von Moellerhof
Wustensturm
de Tejas
von Hess
vom Zenhof
Bell'Lavoro
I have a landgraf girl. If you're interested in a landgraf (or von luka, they have pretty much the same lines. Erynn has my girls mother) you're more than welcome to ask any questions via pm.

Good luck on your search!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Working Blood lines

vom Adlercrest is breeding this summer. Breeding partners are Western European blood lines from Norway. I have asked for two but will only get one.

I am helping my friend search for the perfect doberman puppy. She has been searching for years now and is finally ready, with all of her excitement she would eagerly buy the first puppy available, but I refuse to let her do this!

I own shepherds and train them in schutzhund, but I know nothing about working dobermans and their pedigrees. I would like to find a breeder that breeds for a good balance of drives, strong but calm temperament, and of course comes from lines with passing health certs.

I want to help her find a puppy that will not be hectic or overly nervy, a dog that can be calm and learn easily with an eager to please his handler. A good balance of drives is a must, some prey, some hunt, and food drive as well.

Does not have to be a competition level dog, maybe just a nice club level dog, one that she can work with and has the right temperament for the work, but not necessarily going to go to nationals with. I believe she is looking for a black and tan male.

Location should not be a problem, she is willing to pay for shipping for the right puppy.

Thanks,
Mina[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may have found the perfect puppy for my friend! I spoke with my schutzhund trainer about finding a doberman for her and he asked a few friends if they had anything available and we found a young litter :). I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks everyone for your help!

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Mind telling the name of the breeder?

Dobermans are not a very 'hardy' breed per say, and they are a dog you do not want to take a risk with health.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think I may have found the perfect puppy for my friend! I spoke with my schutzhund trainer about finding a doberman for her and he asked a few friends if they had anything available and we found a young litter :). I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks everyone for your help!
Good, that's probably the best way to find one-via already existing social connections. Good luck to your friend.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Good luck! If it doesn't work out; von Luka have a breeding coming up with two very excellent parents, a repeat of a vom Landgraf breeding that has produced pups still young in various working sports. I recommend Erynn & her dogs wholeheartedly and would definitely be looking at this litter & von Luka in general if I was at the right place and time for a new pup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sungmina- are the same person that breeds geckos? on Pangeaforums?

I'm in dobes, and crested geckos. if your the same person.
Yes, same person, the friend I am helping find a doberman is also on Pangea :).

It didn't work out in the end (long story) so we are still looking for the perfect puppy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts