Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost our girl in August. She was our 5th Doberman. It has been horrible without her. I think it’s time to look for another one. This time it has been hard to find a good breeder, Many are not breeding with Covid going on, We don’t want to crop the ears and the one breeder I wanted to get a puppy from will not let her puppies go without cropped ears. My husband has Parkinson’s and this puppy will eventually be his service dog, assisting him with balance and also getting him out of his chair. Dobermans make great service dogs and are true ambassadors for the breed, letting people see them as the working breed dog that they are. They love to please and our last dog, Jessie was so proud to wear her harness and walk next to his side. If anyone knows of a good breeder I would really appreciate it.

·
Big Lil pup
6,249 Posts
Hi Teresa. Well as you might know, if you are willing to search the West coast for a new member to your household, you have a large choice of very good breeders to explore. Here is a place to start... It is a thread from the "Breeders and Breedin" forum here on DT:

Breeder recommendation in WA State or in any states on...

You will probably get some good advice from your post, so check back in a while.

BTW, our last 3 boys are/were from Foxfire in Southern Oregon. Our youngest is 6 and everything that I would want in a companion Dobe. Our oldest is an 11 yo senior with no signs of going anywhere soon.I would not hesitate Michelle as a breeder to reach out to.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I have contacted her. Hope to hear back. Actually many breeders are not breeding right now, due to the Covid pandemic so litters and puppies are in short supply.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you are looking for a natural eared dog, I would suggest contacting breeders in Canada. I have met lovely Dobermans from both Gatehouse and Soulstorm who are working service dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts