Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into the Doberman breed for the past year and finally decided it is the right time to get one. I'm looking for either an American or European Doberman but every breeder I look at, this forum has something negative to say about them. I was wondering if you guys know of any good breeders that have puppies available for late summer of 2021? I live in Ohio but I'm fine with getting a puppy from other parts of the United States as long as they can ship their puppies. I'm not looking for a sport or working dog but I would like to do lots of obedience training with him. I'm also planning to get him ready for CGC.

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
14,426 Posts
Welcome to DT. Have you checked the DPCA's list of member breeders? If not, then that would be the best place to start. Breeder Referral |

·
Big Lil pup
7,540 Posts
HI Whx. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

Finding the right puppy from a reputable breeder may take more than just a few months. Even in the best of times this can be an exercise in patience. And these days are not ideal times. Honestly, you may have to reconsider your time frame.

In addition to the link Rosemary gave you, you might find this article posted by member/moderator MeadowCat valuable:

Included in MC's post is another link to an article also included by Rosemary. These are a little long, but considering the commitment of a decade or more to a somewhat demanding breed, the are definitely worth the read.

Best to you in your search,

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts