Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am looking for a doberman breeder. I have narrowed it down to Gatehouse, Doberich and Ravallese. I have had 3 dobermans in the past last one dying 2 years ago. One died of von williebrands and one died of recurring bloat with cardio. I was told that European lines are bred for better temperament and health. I am not educated in this so I would love any feedback available. Regards, Sonia

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I believe that there are great breeders of American and European type dobes and if you go with a reputable breeder in either area, they will both be breeding for good health and temperament. 'Euro dogs are healthier' is often a guise bad breeders use to cover up for their lack of health testing.

Good luck in your search :)

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
'Euro dogs are healthier' is often a guise bad breeders use to cover up for their lack of health testing.

Good luck in your search :)
Like the kennel called Celebrity pups pro/ tashmere kennels. Just recently found out they don't test at all, and their bitch isn't even reg', but they call themselves "reputable" breeders.

I have heard fantastic things about all three breeders that you have named.
I have also heard good things about Nightflight Dobermans, who is a member of DT https://sites.google.com/site/nightflightdobermans/planned-litters

And as well about Monaco Dobermanns and Kennel

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
hm I thank you for this too! Please disregard my statement then.

PrinceandNikita listen to the senior members of this forum, they won't usually lead you astray.

Also remembered another 'breeder' I've been hearing to avoid is Bodyguard k9

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Just a warning - Euro bred Dobermans are no healthier than American lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to hear from anyone who has a dogs from Doberich or Gatehouse or Ravallese who's dog is at least 6 or 7 years old and how their health is.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Good breeders are easy to find. The hard part is waiting for the good breeder to have puppies.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
GateHouse is a memeber here. She is very nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I went to see her yesterday and Ozzie is a handsome one! She is very nice and took the time to talk to us and showed us her dogs.

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
We have a Doberman female Asha from Dobereich kennel. She is a lovely and healthy girl.

Monica does extensive health testing. Her dogs are involved in the cardio program at the University of Guelph going through screening annually. Also 90% of her dogs have "Clear" vwD status.

Here is the most recent picture of my dogs.

Reactions: ICTDOBE

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
Asha is a bit ahead of my boy Gino. They both are Euros.

Oh... and you will get many PMs from "good" people. Get ready :)

Reactions: ICTDOBE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am looking for a doberman breeder. I have narrowed it down to Gatehouse, Doberich and Ravallese. I have had 3 dobermans in the past last one dying 2 years ago. One died of von williebrands and one died of recurring bloat with cardio. I was told that European lines are bred for better temperament and health. I am not educated in this so I would love any feedback available. Regards, Sonia
I bought a great dog from Angela Ravallese... he's got a great temperment, very energetic and healthy. Angela is great to deal with and is very helpful and professional. She really cares about her dogs. I would NEVER recommend Monaco Dobermans for a number of reasons...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts