Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in buying a Dobe (female puppy) with very good exterior look and really strong and stable character (cropped and docked).
I've checked many breeders in Russia, USA and Europe.
The only ones which caught my attention and still has puppies is:
1. Smart Wood Hills (Russia)
2."Pride of Russia" Dobermann Kennel
3. Altobello (Serbia)

Like I couldn't found informations about Smart Wood Hills and "Pride of Russia" then I found many about Altobello. Unfortunately there are many negatives and often written by people who don't have any puppies from Altobello.
When somebody writes that he had a puppy from them with not good health or puppy died for some sickness then they don't write about specifics:
-when they bought a puppy
-from which litter
-from which parents
so that is no clear evidences.

I found also on forum that Altobello only delivers puppies this is why they are for sure not healthy and stay in bad environment, but after first e-mail with me they invited me to their home to see parents and puppies.

If somebody really has or had a dog from them (able to say when he bought it, which litter and from which parents) please contact me.

I want to buy a puppy seriously and this is decision for many years. Please give me honestly replies and if you know other good breeders who has now puppies also let me know.

Best regards

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
It might help if you told us where you live, and a bit about yourself with dog history and what you want in a Doberman.

·
Big Lil pup
6,395 Posts
Hi Amra.

Are you from a European or Eastern European country?

I'm just curious as to why you are focused on those 3 breeders.

Thanks
John
Portland OR

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in buying a Dobe (female puppy) with very good exterior look and really strong and stable character (cropped and docked).

I've checked many breeders in Russia, USA and Europe.

The only ones which caught my attention and still has puppies is:

1. Smart Wood Hills (Russia)

2."Pride of Russia" Dobermann Kennel

3. Altobello (Serbia)

Like I couldn't found informations about Smart Wood Hills and "Pride of Russia" then I found many about Altobello. Unfortunately there are many negatives and often written by people who don't have any puppies from Altobello.

When somebody writes that he had a puppy from them with not good health or puppy died for some sickness then they don't write about specifics:

-when they bought a puppy

-from which litter

-from which parents

so that is no clear evidences.

I found also on forum that Altobello only delivers puppies this is why they are for sure not healthy and stay in bad environment, but after first e-mail with me they invited me to their home to see parents and puppies.

If somebody really has or had a dog from them (able to say when he bought it, which litter and from which parents) please contact me.

I want to buy a puppy seriously and this is decision for many years. Please give me honestly replies and if you know other good breeders who has now puppies also let me know.

Best regards

Hi Amra! I have a female from Hazar Di Altobello x Prada Di Altobello. She is 8 months old and we are very happy with her. Anytime I have a question no matter what it is, they always write me back within minutes.The Malbasas are amazing people and have become friends. We adore Mina (our Altobello female) and the Altobello Dobermann Kennel. If you have further questions, feel free to ask me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Austria.
We are looking with husband a Doberman cropped and docked, as a family member but very good exterior and stable character (because we want to train her).
So I think that's all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,
I'm focused on those 3 because they have puppies for now and also because I also really care about dog's health and those seem to be professional.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Allison :)
It's nice to read that someone here has a dog from Altobello. :)
They have a female with which I'm interested in.
Do you know If they answer on weekends? Because I have sent a message yesterday and have no answer till now. (I'm in Europe)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts

Do you know If they answer on weekends? Because I have sent a message yesterday and have no answer till now. (I'm in Europe)

Yes, they do answer on weekends but I know last weekend they were at a big dog show and this weekend too I believe. They will write you back but calling on the phone might be faster. You will be so happy with the female you get from them and it’s great you are in Europe so you are much closer to the Altobello Kennel . They will invite you over to come see the kennel and meet the dogs if you can make it over there..... before we got Mina, I too thought about getting a PoR puppy from Aleksander and he was very pleasant to communicate with as well..... I just really loved how passionate the Malbasas were/are about their dobermans and I think their dogs are just so attractive. (Insert emoji face with heart eyes here) . Both Altobello, PoR and Zoosfery has some really really nice dogs. This is my Mina:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Allison :)
So I hope they will answer even If they promised me photos yesterday.
In relation to other kennels I know Zoosfery but unfortunetely he has no puppies right now, PoR (I cannot find this breeder) can you send me their website?
I'm also interested in Defender of Bulgaria (now they have puppies). Have you heard anything about this breeder?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good Breeders???

Hello,

I want to ask you, If anyone know something about these breeders:
-Smart Wood Hills (Russia)
-Defender of Bulgaria (Bulgaria)

I want to buy a puppy and they have still avaible ones.
I will be grateful for honest and true replies.

Thank you,
Milena

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
When don't they have puppies?

Their own website used to say they had upwards of 14 litters a year.

Yes, they do have many litters a year. They have the means, facility and help for this kind of operation. In addition to their family, they have 8 full time employees that work in the kennel.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts

Amra, call them on the phone. It will be faster than messaging them especially if they are at a dog show. Good luck and cannot wait to see your new puppy! Please send me a direct message for more information and photos. - allison

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, thank you for help. :2smile:
Of course, when I will buy puppy (finally) I will send you pictures . :wink2:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Why is someone who is making their breeding kennels profitable a sin? as long as they are showing and doing all the health testing, would you prefer them to buy their pups from back yard breeders? One of the biggest complaints we hear is that people aren't finding enough good dogs. People keep getting snared by those who don't do health testing or test the dog in different venues. There are way more "reputable" show breeders here in the USA who put out at least that many litters each year. Several of these have dogs in the top 20 regularly.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hey Allison :)

So I hope they will answer even If they promised me photos yesterday.

In relation to other kennels I know Zoosfery but unfortunetely he has no puppies right now, PoR (I cannot find this breeder) can you send me their website?

I'm also interested in Defender of Bulgaria (now they have puppies). Have you heard anything about this breeder?

I’ve never heard anything about defender of Bulgaria but PoR is just short for Pride of Russia :) their website is www.doberman-brat.ru

·
Registered
218 Posts
Why is someone who is making their breeding kennels profitable a sin? as long as they are showing and doing all the health testing, would you prefer them to buy their pups from back yard breeders? One of the biggest complaints we hear is that people aren't finding enough good dogs. People keep getting snared by those who don't do health testing or test the dog in different venues. There are way more "reputable" show breeders here in the USA who put out at least that many litters each year. Several of these have dogs in the top 20 regularly.
I actually just asked that on another forum yesterday.

So long as they are supporting their buyers, testing, titling, and taking good care of their pups... Why not let them actually make enough money to keep breeding? We all know quality breeding isn't cheap.

My issue with Altobello is that I don't like the look of their dogs, the lack of health testing that looks even remotely meaningful [DCM Clear? Come on now...], and the fact that they sell puppies indiscriminately. I know like 3 people in Midland [which has a population of just over 100k and maybe a total of 7 doberman owners] who have Altobello dogs... they all have skin and coat issues. They're all beyond massive.

OP, I would buy elsewhere. I'm sure there are a ton of wonderful kennels in Europe that do right by these dogs.

·
Got mutt?
13,817 Posts
Reactions: TallStef and Strife
1 - 20 of 28 Posts