Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Atlanta and looking for a breeder in GA or AL. I do not want to drive too many hours and I do not want to fly a puppy in. I have done some searches on my own but feel I can get good and honest answers. Also has anyone heard of Shady Grove Kennel? I can not find any reviews of the kennel. Thanks!

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
I don't know any breeders around you, but, Shady Grove Kennel is a retriever kennel? Are you looking for a Retriever or Doberman?

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Quick look on the Shady Grove (.net) site and I am not impressed. They mention no health testing and while they show pictures of some of the dogs working I'd put pretty good money on them not having done that themselves but instead probably imported an already finished dog. I also didn't enjoy their paypal page where they had each puppy listed specifically with a specific price next to them. As a buyer I'd like to understand why one doberman will cost me $800, one will cost me $1000, and another $1200. It makes me worry that this breeder is not picking out a puppy that is RIGHT for the buyer and instead the buyer is picking them out whatever puppy is cutest at the price point they're willing to pay. Plus, it's ridiculous to charge anymore than the food and deworming fees if you're not going to health test and title your stock.

I'd look elsewhere for a puppy.

Your state has plenty of great breeders including Pamalot (the only one to pop into my head right now) who produces some very gorgeous dogs. There are a few members on this forum with dogs from there.

Last, what are you looking for exactly? Do you want to show, compete in a sport, do some sort of work, or are you just looking for an awesome family pet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking for a new addition to my family. I just want a good quality, healthy puppy. I have a small senior dog and a senior cat so it is important that the puppy has good social and temperament traits. But I want to make sure I get a puppy from a breeder who cares about the breed and who the puppy goes too.

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
My Girl is a Pamelot girl, and I can't say enough wonderful things about Pam or her dogs. There are several people on here that have Pamelot dogs and we get together often for playdates (including one this Saturday). ADAMAS is also in Atlanta. I know she has fantastic agility dogs.
Pam does all the health testing and she shows as well as screens heavily for homes. My girl Kano is super high energy (even for a doberman) and she knew we'd be able to handle her based on our conversations and the fact that I owned a Springer Spaniel when I was younger because Springers are NUTS. I would definitely give her a call, and feel free to come by our play date this weekend in Decatur if you'd like to meet some of her dogs before you do. I know there will be at least 3 of us there that will have our Pamelot dogs, all different ages.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Pamelot
ADAMAS
Mikadobe
Kaliber
Akolade
Morgana
Dillon Dobermans (in Alabama)

I know that Dillon has a litter due this week but not sure if they're all spoken for. Also, Pam of Pamelot is always helpful. If she doesn't have exactly what you're looking for, she may be able to help you find it. Good luck!

·
Registered
793 Posts
My boy Bronson came from Pam at Pamelot and I cannot say enough nice things about Pam or her dogs ... Just a wonderful person to deal with and she is very heavy into Doberman health !!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just saw this post today. My girl, Jinka, age 2 on March 18, came from Pamelot. Pam has always been very responsive to any question I have had, and she appreciates all my emails and pics I send to her along. My Jinka is a beautiful, (mostly) obedient, wonderful companion. As I walk her each day, I have had people stop their vehicle and exclaim how beautiful she is. She loves everybody, and everybody loves her. Well, I just can't say enough about my Jinka! You would not be unhappy working with Pam. By the way, this is my first Dobe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I did get a puppy from Pam. Her assistant Tammy has been very helpful with him. I take him out to the kennel every Monday and she re posts his ears for me. I am very happy. :)

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I have an ADAMAS bitch who will be 5 this month and plan on gonig back to ADAMAS at some point in the future. She is just what we were looking for. What type of things are you looking for in your Doberman?

Reactions: zoomatl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Illin,
I found your post very helpful. I am looking for a red/female pup to bring into my family. So I am going through the process of researching breeders now. There is a lot of information out there from breeders with a wide range of cost. Just doing my homework to make sure I make a good choice. If there is anything you or anyone else reading this post can share I would appreciate it. I am looking to get a pup this spring/summer. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Hello Illin,
I found your post very helpful. I am looking for a red/female pup to bring into my family. So I am going through the process of researching breeders now. There is a lot of information out there from breeders with a wide range of cost. Just doing my homework to make sure I make a good choice. If there is anything you or anyone else reading this post can share I would appreciate it. I am looking to get a pup this spring/summer. Thanks.

Whatever you do, please DO NOT purchase a puppy/dog from either of these breeders as they are NOT REPUTABLE.

MijnSchatjeDobermans
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ZDQ4HKHKfbAcsxV3g&sig2=ky1WNQZ_FL5sJld_NP63Fg

Doberman Acres of Georgia
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pUaePOKT1iLZkPJwA&sig2=Kx65S77K2rneIOf7jFDHTg

·
Banned
35 Posts
I live in Atlanta and looking for a breeder in GA or AL. I do not want to drive too many hours and I do not want to fly a puppy in. I have done some searches on my own but feel I can get good and honest answers. Also has anyone heard of Shady Grove Kennel? I can not find any reviews of the kennel. Thanks!
Why not adopt from a rescue? There are so many beautiful Dobies in rescue and they would all love, love, love a family and a home.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts