Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Steve Parsons.... Is that from family dobes? or whatever they are called? bleh
The one and only....Some idiot who comes to our work specificlly because my boss is a breeder has....well had, three of his dogs.

Two males, (ik ik! one is/was 4 the other just turned one) and a female

The oldest male died of dcm at age 4, my jaw hit the floor when I first heard his age, he looked to be 9 or 10 with how much it had taken out of him!
the next male is now battling his third round of demodex and mange (most current skin scrape count was in the thousands! from his neck, shoulders, and chin)
and the female was sold as a vwd carrier when she is in fact an affected dog (whom he also illegaly shipped in a therapy dog vest!).

All three of these so called "Fine bred europeans" have heads bigger than dinner plates and bodies that minus the loose skin rival a bull mastiff!
I highly doubt a single one will live past 6 nor could they do any actual doberman job or sport!

The ignorance of people to not see he is nothing but a puppy mill :screama:
I mean what honest breeder has an email specificall linked to
1) sales
2) inquiries
3) all other issues

Sorry, rant, but having seen his dogs first hand he is to me what kimbertal is to alot of others....

·
_______
5,102 Posts
What a travesty that it's this dude and not someone like Bug w/an e-book.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The one and only....Some idiot who comes to our work specificlly because my boss is a breeder has....well had, three of his dogs.

Two males, (ik ik! one is/was 4 the other just turned one) and a female

The oldest male died of dcm at age 4, my jaw hit the floor when I first heard his age, he looked to be 9 or 10 with how much it had taken out of him!
the next male is now battling his third round of demodex and mange (most current skin scrape count was in the thousands! from his neck, shoulders, and chin)
and the female was sold as a vwd carrier when she is in fact an affected dog (whom he also illegaly shipped in a therapy dog vest!).

All three of these so called "Fine bred europeans" have heads bigger than dinner plates and bodies that minus the loose skin rival a bull mastiff!
I highly doubt a single one will live past 6 nor could they do any actual doberman job or sport!

The ignorance of people to not see he is nothing but a puppy mill :screama:
I mean what honest breeder has an email specificall linked to
1) sales
2) inquiries
3) all other issues

Sorry, rant, but having seen his dogs first hand he is to me what kimbertal is to alot of others....
Wow. That's quite a story.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Steve Parsons.... Is that from family dobes? or whatever they are called? bleh
Steve Parsons? The registered sex offender with his white "Family Dobe" T-shirt on in the mug shot?

That Steve Parsons?

A friend of mine told me a great quote once.
You can put syrup on **** but, that doesn't make them pancakes!

·
Censored
716 Posts
Do all breeds attract so many unscrupulous people??? This is absolutely ridiculous... Between this, the Doberman Pack BYB thread and BoDT... I'm getting a massive migraine.

·
Censored
716 Posts
IMHO it looks like he just cut and pasted a bunch of stuff together from the AKC and FCI, threw in his own slanted opinions and topped the whole thing off with grammatical errors. Can anyone publish a Kindle book are there no editors?

I really know nothing about Kindle....

·
_______
5,102 Posts
IMHO it looks like he just cut and pasted a bunch of stuff together from the AKC and FCI, threw in his own slanted opinions and topped the whole thing off with grammatical errors. Can anyone publish a Kindle book are there no editors?
Based on who's got them out I assume it must not be that difficult. People have actually gotten books published and been successful who were passed over repeatedly by brick & mortar publishing houses.

Bug rules; 'nuff said ;)

Only wish she'd write a book! :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

"Welcome to Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing, the fast and easy way to self-publish your books for sale in the Kindle Store.
With Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) you can self-publish your books on the Amazon Kindle Store. It's free, fast, and easy. Books self-published through KDP can participate in the 70% royalty program and are available for purchase on Kindle devices and Kindle apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PC, Mac, Blackberry, and Android-based devices."

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Do all breeds attract so many unscrupulous people??? This is absolutely ridiculous... Between this, the Doberman Pack BYB thread and BoDT... I'm getting a massive migraine.
Not all, but the ones that sell well. Then of course, if you have a breed that isn't so popular with the public, you breed it with an entirely different breed altogether, give it a cutesy name and call it a "designer dog".

ETA -- oh yea.... and charge a buttload of money for it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wonder if he used his mugshot as his profile photo for "About the Author" in the cover sleve? I thought it brought out his EYES.
:devil_2:

Sorry, DT I just couldn't act "grown up" today!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was cruising around on the kindle portion of the amazon.com site, looking for something new to read, and came across this:

Amazon.com: Dobermans from my point of view eBook: Steve Parsons: Kindle Store

LOL, can you believe this? Is there no end to the ways some people find to exploit these dogs for a buck??
I was looking thru App's on Google play and I found this ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.majoobi.App.doberman&feature=search_result :sick:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts