Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone -

Any reviews/ recommendations/ Experiences for Kathy Bishop from Kaanda Doberman in California. I got her reference from DPCA and reached out to her. All sounds great, seems very experienced but no website/ FB page and want your opinion.

We've been looking for over 6 months now and talked to all the reputed breeders and unsuccessful till now. Excited that she is expecting a litter in December. I hope it works this time around.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,957 Posts
I know who she is but I haven't been in California for years now so I no longer am as familiar with the California breeders as I was when I lived there.

Not having a web site or being active on Facebook doesn't mean much. I know many excellent breeders who either don't have a web site or don't keep it up--and really don't need a web site because they are sufficiently well known and there is enough demand for their dogs that their waiting lists are always full.

And as for Facebook--I know breeders who won't go near the social media (Facebook or any others) because they are so time consuming.

Kathy has been a member of the DPCA since prior to 1987 (DPCA didn't really track the membership prior to that) so she's been in this breed for a long time.

Good luck in your search...

I just went and looked at some of her breeding on Dobequest--I'd say that she clearly knows how to chose breeding pairs and has incorporated some of the nicest Dobes I've seen in the past--I've seen practically everything that she has used in her breeding. Very representative selection of excellent dogs from good lines with known good temperament and health.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
She has some longevity based on what I'm seeing on Dobequest. That's good!

Reactions: melbrod and LadyDi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts