Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I attended my first dog show today and we had a great time. I even ran into my dogs vet there at the Dobe's ring as she shows Dobes. I thought I'd bring a piece of the show here so here are some pics from the show.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now For The Good Stuff!!!

LLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLE!

This first dog was a monster. The lady told me he weighed 88 pounds but I may have to take that bet and put money on him weighing over 100lbs. He was beautiful though.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT!!!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
great shots - i LOVE that great dane - its joker, (CHROMA Druidess Joker with many many many titles!)... if i EVER get a great dane it will be a CHROMADANE!!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
you just can't find a better looking dog than a dobe - those poodles just crack me up with their hair do's. I can't imagine the maintence between shows. thanks so much for sharing the pics. the dobes look wondeful

cc

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
What great shots. I liked them all. The poodles and their hair-dos--wow--you have to be a hair dresser thats for sure. Dane was beautiful, but wow those dobes--thats where my heart is.:)

·
Registered
954 Posts
What great shots. I liked them all. The poodles and their hair-dos--wow--you have to be a hair dresser thats for sure. Dane was beautiful, but wow those dobes--thats where my heart is.:)
Thanks for posting. I second alwayshadpets comments.

I love taking pictures at dog shows. I took these of the poodles a couple of weeks ago in Orlando while waiting for the Juniors to take the ring. The hair is over the top for me. Though, I like the cut in the second picture. The judge must have too. Cool to see a new champion in any breed.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Though, I like the cut in the second picture. The judge must have too. Cool to see a new champion in any breed.

The dog in the second pic has a puppy cut, only dogs under 12 months of age can be shown like that. So not just a new champion, but a puppy champion!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
The dog in the second pic has a puppy cut, only dogs under 12 months of age can be shown like that. So not just a new champion, but a puppy champion!
Yeah, wow, I don't think you see too many Poodles finishing from the puppy classes!! I actually love standard Poodles, but can't imagine becoming accomplished enough to deal with the hair..............because of course I would have to show them - LOL!! I actually took a Standard back in the ring for winners last April............. I was just hanging out watching poodles on a week day when spectators are scarce and this handler practically dragged me in to handle a white puppy boy for her .......... she must have been totally desperate - LOL - luckily, he was well trained because trying to even see if his feet were in the right spot was really tough with all the dang hair AND the only place you can put your hands is under their chin and the underside of their tail or you will mess up their hair do :)

Thanks for posting the pictures - I have not been to a show in almost a month............feeling some dog show withdrawl here :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it - they can become quite addictive you know!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great pics and thanks for sharing. I wish there were more dog shows in my area. I'd love to take my little guy there and get him use to all the action.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
great pictures! I dont know anything about showing...but that first dobe (the one you said was big but so handsome) Do lots of dobes foreheads have such a steep angle?? It seems more like a box shape instead of a Wedge?

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Great pics and thanks for sharing. I wish there were more dog shows in my area. I'd love to take my little guy there and get him use to all the action.
There are pretty much dog shows all over - most people have no idea :)

Where are you at? The best place to look up dog shows is www.infodog.com - you can search by state.

Edit: I just looked back at your posts, and I think you said you are in Wisconsin. There are a bunch of all breed shows coming up in your state this month. It can be confusing to figure out how to find the info and the acronyms can be mind boggling but there are pretty good explanations on infodog. To see all different breeds, you want an all breed show. About a week before the show, you can find out what time each breed is showing - this is important as you could easily miss the breed you want to watch if you come at the wrong time.
Here is a listing of shows coming up in your state: http://www.infodog.com/panels/wi.htm

Reactions: Tinyfxds

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
great pictures! I dont know anything about showing...but that first dobe (the one you said was big but so handsome) Do lots of dobes foreheads have such a steep angle?? It seems more like a box shape instead of a Wedge?
Good observation! I would consider that a faulty head - but like anything else, no dog is perfect and they are judged on the whole dog (hopefully) and the best one on that day wins.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Great pictures......thanks so much for sharing them!

I love dobes........but I also have a soft spot for danes, that dane is outstanding!
If I do ever get one, I want a Merle (I believe that is what the b/w spotted ones are called) And I would want him completely natural :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Amazing pics. That dog show must have been so much fun. Quick question are you able to bring your own dog to the dog shows?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Quick question are you able to bring your own dog to the dog shows?
It depends on the show. Many dog shows only allow dogs who are entered on the grounds for the duration of the show for insurance purposes.

Generally specialty shows are a little more lax about this than all breed shows,
but if you bring an unentered dog to most shows, you've always got to be prepared you could to asked to get the dog out of there.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures - I have not been to a show in almost a month............feeling some dog show withdrawl here :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it - they can become quite addictive you know!
Me either Velmadobe but got a biggie coming up on Saturday the National Working and Pastoral Breeds so i get my multi dobie fix then.
Yes and another thank you GUERO3 from me for posting the pix i like to see how things are done at shows in the U.S.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great pictures......thanks so much for sharing them!

I love dobes........but I also have a soft spot for danes, that dane is outstanding!
If I do ever get one, I want a Merle (I believe that is what the b/w spotted ones are called) And I would want him completely natural :)
I think the black and white spotted Danes are called Harlequins. I love them ALMOST as much as a Dobe! A friend had one named Scribbles and she was a sweetie.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks so much for the info Velma. I have gone to one show a long time ago and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to find some that let you bring dogs along even though they are not showing. So thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts