Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived in London for a few months 20 years(oh my...) ago. Everyday was exciting and even so about the dogs.
I still remember impressive scenes. For a dog lover, dog related memories will never be faded away.

In front of Harrods I saw the well-dressed lady walking with 5-6 Malteses, all red leashes were in her one hand, no tangling, amazing and the other hand held a handbag. It was like I was watching a classic movie.
At the Battersea Park, an old man was sitting on the bench looking at his German shepherds playing around in off leash. I was amazed that the man controled the big dogs by commands. Now I really want to know the tips by him.

Then, finally a Doberman! I can't forget the beutiful moment.
A tall blond young woman was walking on the Kings Street with her Doberman without a leash!! Yes, no leash then, 20 years ago. I guess the laws have changed.
When she stopped at the store window, her walking partner also stopped and sat just next her. It was so natural:nicejob: They were enjoying the window shopping.
They were absolutely a show stopper! A great pair! I might be looked stupid but I couldn't let my eyes away from them.

I wish she had noticed DT and become a member:)

Thank you for sharing my good old memories;)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I live just an hour outside London :) I'd like to take my boy to some of the pet boutiques, but havnt been brave enough to take him on the underground yet!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I lived there 20 years ago too - went to grad school there. Yikes now I feel old.

I love the images you bring to mind - I can picture that little old lady with the Malteses!
You too in London!? Wow! That was my first and so far last visit. I want to go there again in the future as my cousin lives.
I had some difficult times as I couldn't pronounce British accents, "can't" thing, you know;)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live just an hour outside London :) I'd like to take my boy to some of the pet boutiques, but havnt been brave enough to take him on the underground yet!
You reminded me that it was the first time to see a dog was in the underground/subway!! So impressed. How come are they so good dogs!!??

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
You too in London!? Wow! That was my first and so far last visit. I want to go there again in the future as my cousin lives.
I had some difficult times as I couldn't pronounce British accents, "can't" thing, you know;)
I lived there for a year while I went to grad school. I have a good ear for accents - by the time I left I could tell where a person came from by their accent. I didn't adopt an accent myself though. All the British people made fun of my American accent. Good memories. One of these days I'll get back and visit.

·
Registered
653 Posts
i've done it a few times, You get some really really weird looks! I guess if you had a small lap dog then its one thing but I had Ruby with me and she isnt exactly a lap dog (even though she thinks she is!)
I went from Bracknell up to Lincon, 4 changes inc the underground, thankfully Ruby is bomb proof but i did pick her up for the escalators!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've done it a few times, You get some really really weird looks! I guess if you had a small lap dog then its one thing but I had Ruby with me and she isnt exactly a lap dog (even though she thinks she is!)
I went from Bracknell up to Lincon, 4 changes inc the underground, thankfully Ruby is bomb proof but i did pick her up for the escalators!
Even in the UK?
We're allowed to travel with pets as long as they are in the "carrying case"! This can be also applied to enter the retails! How can I carry around the Doberman anyway:lol2: Only the small dog owners enjoy the advantages:screama:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Are you allowed too? I always thought only assistance dogs can go on the underground.

If you are, you can bet your last 10p that you will find a seat no probs, hey, that is a great idea, :idea: take a Dobe on the rush hour tube and get a seat, in fact a whole carriage to yourself. :lol2: :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Are you allowed too? I always thought only assistance dogs can go on the underground.

If you are, you can bet your last 10p that you will find a seat no probs, hey, that is a great idea, :idea: take a Dobe on the rush hour tube and get a seat, in fact a whole carriage to yourself. :lol2: :roflmao:
Ahaha! :D Yep you can, you have to carry a muzzle and you need to be willing to move to the bit where they store the bikes and things if anyone takes offence.

Next stop Barking: The giant dog that's become a hit on London's underground | Mail Online

1 - 10 of 10 Posts