Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have some names in mind, but if anyone would like to contribute, I'd be happy to consider names.

I use to breed under the name Perseus years ago. I have not done a litter in ages...and I am not so young anymore...

So since I no longer have that line of dogs, and I have a different line, I am changing the Prefex to Black Bart.

So each puppy will be Black Bart...

The theme of the litter will be Old West Outlaws.

So I have in mind Wyatt Earp, Billy The Kid, Annie Oakly, Clamity Jane etc..

Anyone else know of some cute names, feel free to post. I will do an internet search of old West names as well.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Jessie James!

Reactions: Dobies 71

·
Got mutt?
13,828 Posts
Belle Starr.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If there aren't enough good outlaw names you could use a general old western theme...

Tombstone
OK Corral
Josey Wales
Pistol Pete
Sharpshooter
Doc Holliday
Cowboy
Sheriff
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider (for a fawn!)

HTH. :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If there aren't enough good outlaw names you could use a general old western theme...

Tombstone
OK Corral
Josey Wales
Pistol Pete
Sharpshooter
Doc Holliday
Cowboy
Sheriff
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider (for a fawn!)

HTH. :)
Thanks! I like some of those ideas. The reason I am in sort of a quandry is that I am going to registar the puppies before the people get them with the name I choose. So first I have to registar the litter. I've been told you do it under "Full Litter Registration" and get a better price than the per pup price. Then from there, I guess you would have to change the registration to Limited. The thing is, right now I don't know who will be what. So I guess tomorrow, or soon, I need to call the AKC and find out the scoop.

I know that after I got my girl, I waited for the registration. It would just be nice to give people their registration when they get their pup.

There is so much to do. Each day has its phone calls to be made. And, then you get into the time zone differences. The morning is the worst time for me because I am doing the major 3 hour bout with cleaning. I totally take down the whelping box and do it over every day.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
How about the movie star actors, that played in the old Western films:
- John Wayne
- Clint Eastwood
Its only a thought.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Desperado
Apple Jack ( a apple cider liqour )
Wyatt
Pony Express
Trail Boss
Wild Bill Hickok
DILLINGER
Calamity Jane (F)
Davy Crockett
Della Rose (F) ( belonged to the Wild Bunch )
Klondike
Geronimo
Poker Alice ( famous old west female gambler)
Grizzly Adams ( yes a true person not just a TV show )
Annie Oakley
Pearl Hart ( first female stage robber )
Lola Montez ( homicidal temper, carried a bullwhip )
Cactus
Gravestone,
Custer

Hmm, its hard to find good female names, it seems alot of the women that made names for themselves, well, LOL probably not the best bunch
These women were called " Soiled Doves"

Hmm thats all I could think of

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Desperado
Apple Jack ( a apple cider liqour )
Wyatt
Pony Express
Trail Boss
Wild Bill Hickok
DILLINGER
Calamity Jane (F)
Davy Crockett
Della Rose (F) ( belonged to the Wild Bunch )
Klondike
Geronimo
Poker Alice ( famous old west female gambler)
Grizzly Adams ( yes a true person not just a TV show )
Annie Oakley
Pearl Hart ( first female stage robber )
Lola Montez ( homicidal temper, carried a bullwhip )
Cactus
Gravestone,
Custer

Hmm, its hard to find good female names, it seems alot of the women that made names for themselves, well, LOL probably not the best bunch
These women were called " Soiled Doves"

Hmm thats all I could think of
Wow thank you! I knew that folks would help me out on names here. These are some real nice ones. You are right, its hard to find the female ones. I have to come up with 4 female ones, and 1 for the red female that fits.

The reds are so special.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I vote annie get your gun or something along those or bonnie from bonnie and clyde for the red girl. some of the most spitfire western girls i know of :)

have fun naming the litter, if i knew ,more western stuff i'd have some suggestions but nope. They are so cute!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts