Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Tracy, Nash had a "stinky" dog odor, kinda like a wet dog smell but Da'Kari never smells. I did notice that when he stunk the most was after he went outside and ran and played. I was also giving him a bath about once a week but I know that isn't good so I started asking around and was given the listerine mix suggestion. I do 1 part listerine 3 parts water also and use it about once a week. It helped but not completely until I changed their food to Canidae and it helped tremendously with Nash. He hardly ever smells now but when he does I brush him down and do the listerine spray. Before the food change it was pretty unbearable.

How long has Chi been on Canidae? Maybe it will take a little longer to work or maybe there is something in the Canidae that doesn't agree with her. It works for Nash but some foods work with one that won't work with another.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Someone told me it needed to be the plain "golden" colored listerine.

Once a week I clean their faces with WetOnes and then I spray the listerine mix on their body and wipe over their bodies with the wetone. It helps so that I don't have to bathe them so often.

Nash had an order problem bad until I changed his food.

1 - 2 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.