Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Oldfamilyred
16 Posts
Yeah I totally agree with you! The issue is we are dealing with an importer who is effectively a middle man and having to ask the breeder on my behalf.
We shall see. Trust me, if I am not happy we won’t be going through with getting the puppy from him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
You mentioned an importer,would that be cropped and docked dobermans in the uk? The chap who owns the business is called Peter Harman.

·
Oldfamilyred
16 Posts
Just wanted you to know I have used this site before .........when you enter the link listed above .......go to the column that reads “about” ......then scroll to the very bottom..........you will see an option for “contact us”........you can email the holder of this blog and they might be able to give you more info regarding the dogs as well as the broker.
My dog Hoss is a European Doberman .....and this man from Doberman blog did some investigating for me.
Emailed day one......and they responded to me the very next day. Just a resource for you that might help with some of your questions.
Hi,
The person you refer to is actually a woman named Oksanna Bovt.
Oksanna is originally from the Ukraine but now resides in California.
I contacted her after seeing some of her videos on YouTube with her male Doberman called Nitro. I was so happy to witness a dog going through IPO
Showing so much fight drive,it is quite a while since I witnessed a dog like this.
She showed she has a special bond with her dog Nitro also.

I am also looking for a suitable breeder that puts the health of any future puppies above everything else. I owned my first Doberman (Karl) when I was eighteen years old,he lived without any issues until he was thirteen. I am now in my fifties.
I have joined this forum to gain as much knowledge as possible before purchasing any future puppy.

Oksanna has informed me of three breeders who are breeding for the health of the breed and included the relevant information regarding any health issues on both sides and going back many generations, one of which is from Germany and the article is now on the website. dobermanblog.com

Reactions: LadyDi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you get axel In the end ? I have been thinking about going through brutal dragons too I was wondering whether you would still recommend them now you have had you dog for a while. Have he displayed any signs of having any hereditary health conditions etc and what were brutal dragons like to deal with. I’d really appreciate you help as rightly concerned about buying an unhealthy dog. Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Did you get axel In the end ? I have been thinking about going through brutal dragons too I was wondering whether you would still recommend them now you have had you dog for a while. Have he displayed any signs of having any hereditary health conditions etc and what were brutal dragons like to deal with. I’d really appreciate you help as rightly concerned about buying an unhealthy dog. Thanks

Hey!! All good here, and yes we’ve had Axel now for over a year.....he is as wonderful as we could wish for in a dog, apart from having issues with other dogs in proximity....but that’s a personality thing rather than a specific breed thing.

He is of perfect health, 40kg at 18 months and we feed him raw! He suffers from acne on his chin but that is a minor concern as far as doberman heath goes and not something that is a genetic concern. He has no sign of heart issues the vet checks by stethoscope at every visit for his acne and we will go to a cardiologist yearly from 2 years as a fail safe. He is absolutely full of energy (too much sometimes!) and loves people to absolute bits (part of the dog issue I think....he’s a massive protector)

Nina at Brutal breeds for health above all else, and has a keen eye for a good looking dog too! I would fully recommend her, we are still in contact now and she still helps me with advice when I have questions. I couldn’t have asked for a better breeder who had ended up being a friend!

Here is Axel....I took these this morning. His Instagram is @prince_axel_the_doberman if you want to see more photos of him with our family you can also send me any questions on there if you want to ask anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
He’s a beautiful dog, I contacted them brutal dragons but they’ve not got back to me after I asked whether their puppies came with pedigree documents which is slightly concerning as I would like to stud my dog did axel come with documents so you could trace his lineage ?

·
ಠ_ಠ
6,566 Posts
He’s a beautiful dog, I contacted them brutal dragons but they’ve not got back to me after I asked whether their puppies came with pedigree documents which is slightly concerning as I would like to stud my dog did axel come with documents so you could trace his lineage ?
So, ethical breeders will send documentation home with you.

But.

What is your plan for this dog beyond breeding? Chances are, they don't want anything to do with someone who only wants to breed, and doesn't want to show or trial in sport. If you said exactly what you've shared here, that's a huge red flag for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I asked them for pedigree details they refused to show me them which is a shame as their dogs looks amazing can anyone recommend other breeders I’m Europe ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn’t mention breeding to them I just asked to see the pedigree of the dog and whether their parents had been health tested and they refused to show me plus asked why I wanted to see they claimed there was no need for me to see which made me suspicious. It’s a shame because the dogs they breed are beautiful. I’ve just had issues with dogs with hereditary health conditions before.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts