Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
She's cute as are all puppies.

I wouldn't let her hump Sophie, that is rude behavior and shouldn't be allowed. Humping a dog can start a fight in a hurry.

I do think it is sad you refuse to admit what you and the breeder did was wrong.:( Refusing to admit she is a byb is just showing you are bull headed, not smart or all that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Trying it again would be getting your money back from the breeder and helping her find a shelter for the remaining puppies without her selling off the offpring from her pimped out dog. You clearly do not care that what you did was wrong and are completely incapable of admitting your mistake, what's worse is that now you are actually flaunting the fact that you willingly and proudly purchased your dog at a discounted price from a BYB.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,821 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to your family!! I do not miss the puppy teeth stage!!:butfly:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the new addition to your family!! I do not miss the puppy teeth stage!!:butfly:

Thank you so much! She sure does have sharp baby teeth. She's learning "no bite" quickly though!

I wouldn't let her hump Sophie, that is rude behavior and shouldn't be allowed. Humping a dog can start a fight in a hurry.

She's not humping. She's standing over Sophie in a show of dominance. I would think you would know that.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Let's try this again, shall we? Making a new thread doesn't magically fix things, just as dumping (selling at a reduced price!) young puppies because you have a useless husband and an autistic child doesn't magically fix things.

·
Registered
841 Posts
She's not humping. She's standing over Sophie in a show of dominance. I would think you would know that.
It looks to me like she's humping in one part of the video, but regardless, the fact is the PUPPY is trying to control the situation when YOU should be controlling the situation. I would think that YOU would know that.

I cannot believe that you would allow a Doberman puppy to play like that with a small dog. It's all cute fun and games right now, she's only 7 weeks old. I can assure you that when she gets bigger, it will be far from cute; and can be downright dangerous.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not playing these games with you people. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. The arrogance, know-it-all attitudes and rudeness that oozes from some of you is just plain pathetic.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I have to apologize for the wording in my previous post. It should have read, "you are being bullheaded, not smart and all that." Sorry for my error and I do hope you enjoy your pup and that she is a happy girl and grows up to be a great doberman. Do stop the humping now, tho, while it is so easy.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I'm not playing these games with you people. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. The arrogance, know-it-all attitudes and rudeness that oozes from some of you is just plain pathetic.
What you don't see is the problem people have isn't with your dog, but the fact that you won't admit that she is from a Back Yard Breeder... Nothing wrong with saying, yes she is... My boy isn't from any fancy pedigree either, does that change anything to me? No... You supported a BYB'er and that is all there is too it...

As far as the puppy playing ruff I'd agree I'd be careful of that now... In a few months its going to be even rougher

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
We're not playing games--there are lives being brought into this world by an ignorant girl who couldn't bring herself to be responsible enough to endure the consequences of her actions. If you can't take any criticism (never mind attacks, just criticism), this isn't the place for you. The ignorance, the "if I bury my head in the sand deep enough, it'll be okay" attitude and the lack of concern for the well being of these animals that oozes from you is plain pathetic.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cindy - cute puppy - they all are that is why we all love the breed! However - sometimes you can't think that asking a question 100 times a different way each time will result in a different answer. In the end 2+2=4 all the time.
Enjoy your pup but train train train, read all you can and be open to others information - there are a tonne of people on here who know more about the breed than you or I could learn in a lifetime. Knowledge is power, ignorance leads to a dead end.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Alrighty, that saying 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" applies to superficial situations. For example, if someone looks horrible in a yellow shirt, no need to share that. However that saying does NOT in any way shape or form apply to speaking on behalf of those that cannot speak for themselves. That's point of this site; to be the voice of the Doberman. I can assure you that if Dobermans could read, they would applaud the members that spend valuable time defending them, and they would support the responses to your posts.

You should keep in mind that many first time Doberman puppy owners find this site, so when people like you post things that are clearly not in the best interest of the Doberman breed (e.g. buying a puppy from a byb, sticking up for a byb, allowing a young puppy to hump a small dog and exert its dominance, etc), the members have no choice but to disagree with the post.

JMO: The DT Manifesto is pretty clear about the intent of this site; you may want to revisit it and read it carefully.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Again, she wasn't humping. If you look closely, she is just standing over Sophie. You may also notice that they are RIGHT at my feet. as in less than a foot away from me. I had control of the situation.

The etiquette link is a good one to read.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*face palm* please OP. Just leave it be. Monitor her play with Sophie. Juno tried to play rough with Misha, so I intervene. Make sure Sophie has a place to go away from Leia. (Misha hides in her crate)

Thanks. Yep, Leia is on a leash. She can't get to Sophie's bed. I do intervene if they get too rough.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts