Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O how fun! :sadcry:

well my 10month old Dobe has never ever ever ever ever liked showers, baths or any of the sort. Matter of fact he just hates water period. Trying to give him a bath is harder than trying to give a moving 18 wheeler a bath :help_up_2 . but it gets done

Well I just got done bathing my 10week old Daisy. She crys a little but shes easier to control, man she had like 7 fleas on one leg. so it was emergency bath, i got most of them and then put her Frontline on. but i found it easier after getting shampoo on her to hold her like on my shoulder like a baby, and wash her back(guess she feels safer) and then turn her around for her stomach, much faster, now shes whining cuz she has some water in her ears... o well

Disasterous at times, Doberman baths/showers :dancing_b

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TomAndKing said:
OMG, king is the BIGGEST baby when it comes to bath time. He crries like im beating him witha metal bat. I end up having to put my full body weight on him to even get him to remain still.

lmao

its the truth, standing up against the shower doors, trying to climb up the sides only to slip and fall on his back

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
LOL I'm SO glad none of my dogs hate baths as much as your dobes do! Winston certainly doesn't like them but he knos he's not going to win if he puts up a fight so he doesn't bother, Keeva's pretty much the same....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ohhh... B-A-T-H time is never pretty. I have to spell it because if I say 'bath', she goes into hiding and I have to pick her up and carry her.... Which isn't as easy as it used to be.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah just one of us humans many ways of torturing our four legged buddies!! Lexy says "Mom, I finally smell just right and you go and wash it of!!!"

None of my guys like it..... Harley is pobably the worse, this time of year I do it all outside with the hose, Lexy is the only one well trained enough to stand still not tied. But the look I get.... Now with the dremel, the other two go nuts over it they climb all over me when I pull it out (I've always made it a very positive thing, cookies and such during and after), now Lexy was done the first few time by someone else, I never should have let him looking back...., but from what I was told he didn't introduce it to her just held her still (she was a pup) and forced her to stay still. (my dad picked her up from the breeder and had her for a week, because he had a house down there and was down there anyway when she was ready to go) So she looks like someone is punishing her the whole time, working to get her out of that though. But that just goes to show how much a bad experience will stick with them even a year and a half later......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Lucy is not bad at all but when u lead her to the bathroom she puts on the brakes at the door.....once i get her in the door lol shes fine...she will stand still. I use the hose outsdue this time of yr to or a kiddie pool...... i spray all teh dogs down eveyrday anyhow when its hot to cool them off.....hubbys old dog loves baths his other one Sally tho man u hafta tie her up n hold ehr to lol she hates it!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
OMG bath time in this house doesn't happen so easy! As soon as Gracie sees me head into the bathroom and turn on the water and call her in there she refuses to go any where! I have picked her up and lock us both in the bathroom and oh boy the looks I get. I have to pick her up and set her in the tub and close ther curtain. (that way she thinks there's a wall there ;) ) I open a little part of the curtain to get her nice and wet, as soon as she is 1/4 of the way wet she jumps out of the tub. I have to try and pick up a kicking/crying dog put her back in the tub and try to finish getting her wet. After I have to put her back in the tub 3 or 4 times I get enough brains to just jump in there with her since I am already wet. So I get in the tub and hold her between my legs. (By the way that is easier said than done.) I shampoo her after I put her back in the tub for the 5th time. Then I have to go and get her once again because she jumps out of the tub every minute or so. After I get her back in the tub I try to rinse her. After she is rinsed I get under the shower and tell her how fun it is an how good it feels.

When my husband is here to help it goes a lot easier. He carries her to the tub sets her in I get in and he puts her prong collar on so she will stay in one spot. We give her a bath and get her out in less than 30 minutes. Lol.

By the way the whole time she is in the tub I am talking to her and telling how good of a little girl she is. That doesn't seem to be working so I tried the treat thing she wont take them because they might spray water in her mouth or something. God only knows. Oh and she loves to have her teeth brushed. As soon as she sees her tooth brush she sits right down and starts licking her chops. :D

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well, I guess I am pretty lucky..So far none of the older dogs mind getting a bath. now Iris is not real pleased but she doesn't put up a fight. Getting them in the tub is a little trouble. We live in an old home and have a clawfoot tub. I have to pick up their first two front feet and put them on the edge just hanging over and tell them in and they will jump in. When we turn on the water though, It is so funny to see just the back feet slowly inching up the back of the tub to try and get away from the water. Dog are so funny!
Dobermans Rule!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TracyInVa said:
Lucy is not bad at all but when u lead her to the bathroom she puts on the brakes at the door.....once i get her in the door lol shes fine...she will stand still. I use the hose outsdue this time of yr to or a kiddie pool...... i spray all teh dogs down eveyrday anyhow when its hot to cool them off.....hubbys old dog loves baths his other one Sally tho man u hafta tie her up n hold ehr to lol she hates it!

lol thats what Gunner does, never ever will go in there, its like hes like "Oh no, haha, ur behind that door waitin on me, im not goin in there"

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow, I guess I am lucky too. All my dobie's love taking a shower. WHen I first met my husband he had a dobie - my first experience with dobermans. He took the dog into the shower with him and washed her. She just loved it. WHen we got ready to wash her we opened the shower door and said "come lets take a shower" - she walked right in. We taught our other dobie's the same, some resistance at first but now they stand patiently while being washed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Byron doesn't jump in the bathtub or anything but all my dogs are pretty used to it. We go ao at least one muddy walk a week or a swim at the lake and if they don't get a full on bath they at least get hosed down. When my husky was younger she would walk right into my shower with me. It was so cute :)

there was one time that I tied him to a big wheelbarrel I was washing the dogs in(its one of the pull behind ones,its huge,I think it might have actually been able to attach to the mower) and he heard some water slosh out the side nad for some reason freaked out. He took off running and when the water spiklled he ran even faster nad then it was crashing around behind him. He ran around the yard a couple times then got himself tied up in a bush. I felt bad for him but I don't know wha this problem was that day. He broke part of the wheelbarrel to. He looked at the thing like it was going to kill him. Its funny cuz in so many ways he reminds me of the arabian I used to have!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I give Duchess a bath in the shower and i use the shower head to spray her while she just walks in slow circles. haha nowhere else to go...but she would be fine in the tub too.

·
Banned
375 Posts
lol... sounds like my house...TASNEEM YELLS AND SCREAMS LIKE WE ARE TRYING TO KILL HER. IT TAKES BOTH OF US TO HOLD THIS LITTLE PUPPY IN THE BATH TUB...

HOWEVER, Prince just sits down. he doesnt like it much but he knows. that the more still he sits the faster he can go outside and roll in the dirt and get all dirty again. I was in the shower this week and out of all the time Tasneem sat outside and cried to come in. She couldnt though not with her ears up. then i would open the door enough for her to see and she would come in and sit at the very back of the shower and watch me shower. then when it was time to get out shed take off running. OMG. she is such a big cry baby. but prince doesnt care as long as he can play outside in the dirt afterwards...hmmm mine isnt as bad as yours... but two people that heck is going on with that it is a darn puppy....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts