Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your Help is needed!

Okay everybody, Here's our chance to come together as one and make a difference. The Redland Rescue, Inc. has asked for assistance from the Doberman community in their efforts of rescuring 34 dobe puppies that are in an abusive environment.

With everyones help, we could put our funds together and help where we can. I have set up an account on www.paypal.com. Just Send the funds to [email protected] . I hope we all can do this as soon as we could and get the money into their hands ASAP. Deadline to donate will be March 31th. We will be forwarding them the funds after that in the name of Dobermantalk. Please include your login name in the Notes section of Paypal so we can give credit, where credit is due.

Thank you for everyones contribution in advance, I know we can make a difference.....

If you have any questions or concerns we currently have a thread in the forum dedicated to this subject. You can read it by clicking HERE

Kratty

(See the story below)

Help need for 34 Young Dobes!

A DPCA Rescue Committee Liason, Marcia, asked me to post this message.
There were several emails this morning in regard to 34 Dobes
confiscated in Alabama. This is true and the situation is grave.

These Dobes were confiscated from a deplorable person claiming to be
Dobe Rescue, who was breeding these Dobes. The facility they are being
brought to are processing these Dobes, five a day. Two were put to
sleep yesterday. Right now, there are 4 females and 3 males, with five
more coming in tomorrow, etc.

These Dobes are young. The oldest being around 1 1/2 so far. They are
malnourished, probably have demodectic and may have Heart worms. They
have sweet temperaments and are just looking for a human to love.

This volume is far too much for any one group to absorb and the
facility is not that big where they are being brought to, so they
cannot hold them for a long period of time.

We need any and all available rescue groups or individuals that can
handle at least of these dobes to help out. Transport can be arranged,
or we will put out a plea for that.

I know the Dobe community has been begged to death for help, however,
this is a heartbreaking situation where so many young Dobes are going
to die, who will probably make great companion Dobes and will be
forever grateful to whoever helps them.

Please contact:

Marcia Cowen - [email protected] or Pamela Gray - [email protected]
(918) 366-4554 (786) 243-1890

We are preparing a spread sheet of these Dobes and who can help where.

Permission to cross post

Pamela Gray

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Received an update from Redland Rescue on the process so far.

From Pam,"This is going to be a process with these dobes. They are used to being in a pack with little human contact and separating them has been arduous. This will take a little longer than I thought!"

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update of the collections so far. We have raised almost $130.00 so far since we started. I think this is a great start. Thankyou to the members that already contributed...

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update of how much we have collected so far...We have $264.92 so far raised. Thanks to everyone so far in contributing...

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for asking TracyJo....We are at $325.00 totally collected so far. With the small fees from Paypal, we have $313.90 going to the rescue. Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far, and hoping more will contribute this week.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty now,

We collected a total of $383.98 for RedlandRescue to help out those dober pups. I want to personally thank the following members, on behalf of Dobermantalk, for their contributions and it shows how we can come together as one and help make a difference to some needy dogs that we may never see or meet. Special thanks goes out to the follow members:

Dakari
Lapdog
p0g03
TracyJo
Lexus
TakirasDad
Brumwolf
Gracie's Mom
Hero's Mom

:dancing_b

I already forwarded the Donations to RedlandRescue today and already I received a reply from Pam, that I wanted to share.

Re: From the folks at www.dobermantalk.com
[email protected]

Kratty, what an unbelievably pleasant surprise! I cannot thank you and your group enough. The outpouring for support of these Dobes has been so great. They have time to go, as the health issues are improving, we are working on their socialization with humans. This will be a process and thing are getting so much better.

Please tell your members THANKS! We are preparing an update with pictures to send to the lists and you will be included.

Pam

Thanks again to everyone that contributed.....:dancing_b

1 - 9 of 9 Posts