Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am Liloo. I am a dogsitter and I have Leo the HUGE dobe staying with me. I love him so much, I love the big dogs and Leo is so nice to cuddle. I have joined here to ask other owners for some advice. I noticed 2 little spots on Leo's chin, he didn't mind me touching them and they don't seem to bother him, one has cleared up now. Is this normal or a sign of something? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
Liloo said:
Hello, I am Liloo. I am a dogsitter and I have Leo the HUGE dobe staying with me. I love him so much, I love the big dogs and Leo is so nice to cuddle. I have joined here to ask other owners for some advice. I noticed 2 little spots on Leo's chin, he didn't mind me touching them and they don't seem to bother him, one has cleared up now. Is this normal or a sign of something? Thanks for any help.
sounds like a little chin acne. Sometimes dogs get it. Using good stainless steel bowls that are washed frequently, washing off the chin after they eat, and maybe using a little listerine (the original kind) wipe on it should take care of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I do use the bowls you mentioned already but I might try the wipes. Leo is only here untill Monday so I will mention this to his owners. Leo is very happy right now as he has found a ball in the garden and decided that it is his, it actually belongs to next doors children but they don't mind. He is strutting about with it daring me to try get it back, I expect he will bury it in a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just love it thanks. I call it a "jobby" a hobby that kind of turned into a job. I look after around 30 dogs, all one "family" at a time and I love meeting a new dog and getting to know them building up the trust and bond and when they come again and remember me and come running up to me its just the best feeling. Leo has been coming to stay for 4 years now and always remembers me and settles in on the sofa to watch tv and he never ever forgets where I keep the dog bickies!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
A bit of hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball after meal helps as well. No alcohol so it won't sting or dry out the area. I also noticed that Java's chin acne would flare up when she was fed regular grocery store kibble, and some of the bumps would get really nasty, so I wonder if it was part food allergy? Now that she is getting a diet of brown rice, plain yogurt, veg, chicken/tuna/salmon and 1/2 premium kibble, things have greatly improved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks JavasMom. You are right Leo does eat supermarket kibble mixed with tinned. I will tell his parents all of this. Leo will eat anything and as much of it as possible so I don't think he will mind a change. I can't change his food though I have to give whatever the parents provide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome evereyone. I have been looking at your galleries and all the dogs are gorgeous. Leo is very big and bulky, he is too big for the breed standard apparently. He was a thumper pup when his owners got him but we don't mind as he is a pet and he won't be in any shows. He is also a wary dog, lots of things spook him and I read that the Dobe is supposed to be confident and almost fearless, not my Leo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, Leo is off home tomorrow, I have loved having him here, we lie together for a big dog cuddle and he is so gentle and such a peaceful boy. I have a little terrier coming once Leo has gone and he is going to seem very small for a while. Thanks for the welcomes and advice, I'll join you again when Leo comes back x x x x

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.