Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My pup got his ears cropped last week. During the pickup I got some advice. They stated that our pup looked great on the first day but they started to notice a slight lean on Ovi’s front legs. They gave us Calcium pills and told us it could be his grain free diet that we switched him from Grain Free Instinct to Grain Inclusive Purina Puppy Large Breed. They stated that it was just a slight lean on his front legs and should correct itself with the proper nutrients as he grows. Some say his stance looks great. Can you see an issue with his stance? Regardless we are still taking precaution to add grains and give the medication daily to help him grow the best way possible. I just wanted some opinions.

The video below is from this past sunday while put in the yard. He’ll be 13 weeks old this week.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I'd be VERY weary of giving calcium pills as that can make it WORSE. Do you know where they are from? Or if there's also phosphorous? I'd put him on an All Life Stages food and give him Sure Grow 100.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
He is definitely knuckling over - I'd also be leary of calcium pills. Look into Suregrow supplements - you can find it online. I would switch him to a good quality All Life Stages adult kibble. Purina Pro Plan is generally a mid priced kibble that Dobermans tend to do well on. I'm not sure which formula as I have not fed it in over 15 years.

Reactions: MMcCown and melbrod

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was instructed to give one of these to him daily for the next 2 months. I’ll definitely look into the sure-grow as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update guys: I have been feeding him purina large breed puppy and calcium for 2-3 weeks now. He returned to the vet for an ear posting last week and they say its clear that his limbs are growing much better now and not buckling like before. Problem resolved THANKFULLY.

8EC08E8E-5191-49E0-8E11-572A92E1D6F2.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,007 Posts
He looks like he wants out and is trying the laser eye technique on you LOL But he is looking good...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts