·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have insight about Legard?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I wouldn't refer a prospective puppy buyer to Legard. More specifically I wouldn't refer a first time Dobe prospect to her. And I wouldn't go to her for a dog myself.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
dobebug said:
I wouldn't refer a prospective puppy buyer to Legard. More specifically I wouldn't refer a first time Dobe prospect to her. And I wouldn't go to her for a dog myself.
Ditto

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ask because I have a female from there this summer (she's 3) and while she's been wonderful, the first girl I got was a completely different story. I ended up taking her back to them and "exchanging" for the girl I have now. J had been completely kennel raised and was painfully shy. She made lots of progess while here, but in the end we had to take her back due to a biting incident. Our Greta is a completely different dog. She loves the family and being in the house. She's good with the other dogs and tolerates the cat.

I just wanted to see if mine was an isolated case or if they were known to have problems. Thanks to those of you who replied.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Nope not just you Peewee...... But no personal experience here, just an observer's standpoint of the website.

G

·
I was also wondering about Legard. I am thinking of buying a male show pup from them. She sounds very up and up to me and very knowlegable of the breed. What is the problem with them that everyone says not to buy from them?
I would like to know before I do.

G

·
Has anyone heard of or purchased a dog from Cobalt Dobermans? If so, please tell me what you know about them. I am checking out breeders and don't want to get burned.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Stay very far away from Legard. She has one bitch she keeps selling to different homes and getting back because she bites kids. She gets dogs back ALOT, trying to place older dogs alot that are not suited to family life. Breeds ALOT, one year I counted 10 litters, she no longer advertises all of them I don't believe. Now also breeding Chihuahuas. The only show dogs she has had was out of an Aquarius bitch she bought, this bitch died while carrying her 5th litter. Some out of her have finished. She mainly breeds to working type dogs and is NOT the place to buy a show dog (or pet either for that matter). Seems to have alot that ears don't stand. I know someone right now that she talked into buying a few of her dogs for this outrageous price, one is the biting bitch, one a 7 yr old (bred I don't know how many times) The lady said she's already taken two of them back and won't be getting anything back (dog or money). Since Pizzazz is gone she has no bitch good enough to produce great show puppies. Or at least if she does they sure aren't on her web site. She asks way too much for her dogs and you do not get what you pay for in this case.
If you want a show puppy, go to a show breeder!! The few champions she has had were not of "her" breeding. Outside bitch bred to outside dogs.
Probably will regret being this outspoken but people need to beware of this kennel.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Cobalt breeds oversized Dobermans. Not to the standard. Go to a reputable show breeder even for a companion quality puppy.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I'm sorry, but I just noticed that LeGard dobes has a bitch from von wolf? Come on!!! Holly is a HUGE albino breeder and lord, the company they keep...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have read many stories about LeGuard dogs being returned for poor temperament. I do not consider them on my list of breeders to contact.

Never heard of Cobalt. You need to go to the dpca website and read how to pick a breeder and look at the breeders listed there.

www.dpca.org

You can also go to the AKC website or Info Dog (MBF) and see the names of some of the Dobe breeders who are in your area.

www.akc.org
www.infodog.com

Reactions: JavasMom
G

·
I purchased a male show pup from them. They have been wonderful, supportive and very professional. I can't say anything but good about them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I found my breeder on the DPCA website. I'm very pleased with my selection of a breeder and feel I got what I paid for. I was wondering if any one has heard of Marienburg dobermans out of Illinois?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts