Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never taught Chase to jump while I was at a distance, I was always right by his side. So since there is still no snow on the ground, I thought I would teach him 'over'.

At first when I was away from the jump and I said 'over', he just trotted over to my side, not even looking at the jump. It took about 5minutes for him to realize that I want him to jump the object that is in front of him when I say 'over'. No real reason I taught him this, other than to get some angles while I take pictures :D

No sun, so most of the pictures turned out blurry, so the next time the sun is out I'll be sure to get some super focused pictures :)

Woah, this is weird

Maybe if I stretch my front legs...

Getting the hang of this

Weee, this is fun :)

Hai mum!

Let's get some air!

Thanks for looking!

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,325 Posts
Baron loves jumping. The broad jump is his favorite in obedience class. Sometimes DH will sit on the floor in the living room with his leg propped on the coffee table and Baron will just over it. Back and forth. Good way to tire him out on a rainy day!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
If you look at an agility ring you will notice that the fencing around the ring is low. People can merely step over it. The dog is trained to stay inside the ring and run the course with his handler. You train the dog to stay in the yard/truck/crate or whatever even if the gate or door is open. I think you'll find that a fence is more or less a boundary marker for a trained dog.

Nice pics!! :)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so the sun was out and the camera was working well. I got some nice photos that are not too blurry. This was a quick 10 minute exercise after his walk:

Hai DT :)

Okay, I startz slow and low

Tuck those front limbs

So much for starting low...

Look at that back limb tuck :p

I iz flying!

My fave picture :)

You wantz me to jump thiz???

Nope ;)

Ok, I try harder...

Cleared it

Muscles poppin

Horsie jump

His expression LOL

I gettin chubbeh, mum has to cut down on my treats :(

Thanks for looking again!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chase is awesome need to get him into some agility classes

Careful though he might jump your fence lol...*face palm*
There is an indoor canine facility that sets up beginner agility equipment everyday, I take Chase there when the weather is too cold or raining. He LOVES it, zips around the course and sometimes destroys the tunnels lol.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
There is an indoor canine facility that sets up beginner agility equipment everyday, I take Chase there when the weather is too cold or raining. He LOVES it, zips around the course and sometimes destroys the tunnels lol.
Typical tunnel sucker... Magic powers in those tunnels...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Wow, awesome pictures!

Reactions: DogsR4Life
1 - 14 of 14 Posts