Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that my 20yr old M cousin is getting a new puppy. He is a major slacker and can hardly take care of himself....I don't even have the heart to encourage him by asking "What kind?" or to even offer advice. He knows everything and can't be told nothing.

Ugh.

Rant over.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I'd probably ask myself what kind of things he might listen to and how I might word them. My almost 30 yr old nephew is pretty similar. Although at least he did ask my advice about bull terriers and then proceeded to ignore every piece of it. I haven't given up on giving advice but i also know he's likely to ignore every piece of it. I know the next call I'll get is that his dog attacked someone or another dog (by what he's posting on his FB acccount; not assuming because of the breed :) )

He will listen to things such as feeding, etc. but not training so I try to focus on what he might listen to. Then if I can gently give a suggestion about training (or in his case safety), I toss it out there.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Maybe he'll surprise you. I was young and dumb when I got Summer and she changed me. I still partied but she came first always. I know I still made a lot of mistakes with her but she never suffered a day learning through my mistakes until the ripe old age of 15.

Try to act excited and maybe give him a training class as a gift and act like its the funnest thing in the world.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your suggestions are all valid and I will think about how I can incorporate them.

Also, just found out that he got a Pit. Again, not blaming the breed here which is why I am very worried for this little girl. I love my cousin but he's an idiot.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Le Sympathy Sigh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts