Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the pills that you can buy that say they will cure the problem of yellowing grass where the dog goes to the bathroom. My lawn is getting destroyed by Takira's urine.

It says to give 2 pills for every 20lbs of body weight for 4 wekks than cut down to 1 pill for every 20lbs. It didnt say when you were to stop giving the pills, does this go on forever? That is alot of pills 6 per day to start and then 3 per day forever? that would cost a firtune.

I have a few questions

#1 - Is this stuff safe for the dog? (Most important to me)

#2 - Does it work?

#3 - Is there a less expensive alternative?

#4 - Does anyone have any other ideas how to solve this problem without medication?

Thanks in advance

DA

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Doberadmin said:
#3 - Is there a less expensive alternative?

#4 - Does anyone have any other ideas how to solve this problem without medication?

DA

I don't know much about them, I've heard about them but that's it........ I do know another alternative however it really only useful if you have nothing but time on your hands (yeah we all have that problem right?)! Pour water on the spot everytime to dilute it......well I warned you! My lawn was destroyed too with 3 dogs pottying on it, we fenced in a small area and filled it with pea gravel and that's the potty spot. The initial cost was up there, but I didn't want to feed "supplements" to 3 dogs for urine ya know. It was worth it big time! I'm sure someone else on here will be of more help, good luck! In addition, housebreaking is only a matter of training the animal to eliminate on a certain surface (grass etc, not carpet) you could train her to go on a certain tilled up dirt section, or gravel, without fencing costs, my dad taught his dog ot only go in the driveway (it's gravel). Just a thought......

·
Registered
73 Posts
I live in AZ... the thought of GRASS is a dream.... I have rocks for both my front and backyard...

Sorry, I'm not much help....

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've heard its bad since all the stuf turning the grass yellow is what keeps the dog from getting UTI's. If you don't think your dog would have a problem with them then i guess it would be fine to use though. Byron only pees in a couple spots and hes killed whatever was there long ago so I don't worry about it anymore. I have seen people follow there dogs around with a hose though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts