Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know exactly were to put it, so I thought I put it here.

Went to an confirmation show all breeds last Sunday, all official for CAC IB, there were 11 dobers males as females, There should be a judge from Norway, but instead of her there was a Dutch judge.

I don’t know how it is with you over there but here we have a youth class and a young dog class as well as open class and working class, and also a champion class, a friend of mine wrote herself in, in the youth class, he is 13 months and you can earn a title only the CAC without IB, in the young dog class there were 2 males, one of the two was absent, so 1 left, the judge decided to put those two in one class??? And after he look after the dogs, he wrote on the score board, for the youth dog 1 excellent, CAC, and the other dog CAC IB, after 15 minutes they changed the scoreboard and suddenly the youth dog has a 2 excellent, and the other was still the same, when my friend ask how that could happened the man who is the leader of the ring, (don’t know the English word), says that they make a mistake and that the judge put her dog in the young dog class, without even telling her, so she went to the organisation, it was organized by the Raad van Beheer, the big organisation who arranged pedigrees etc, I think with you its called AKC? So they tell her that it is impossible to change the classes on the time of showing, normally there had to be permission to change, and they get a note that it is ok, but that didn’t happened

When she picks up her papers at the end of the day, the dog has yes a very good?????????? So first it was 1 excellent CAC, then they changed it to 1 excellent, and at the end it was very good, do you still understand it, no I guess not, we either. But there was more, the one who has the reserve CAC IB has at the end of the day only excellent, and the dog who was send out the ring, has yes the reserve CAC.

I have been to many shows over the years, but what happened on Sunday I can tell you I never saw that before.

The Raad van Beheer, give my friend the advice to write it all down on paper and send it to their organisation, cause they admitted there were make a lot of mistakes, so she did and we wait what happened.

I wonder how it all goes at your country Do you confirmation people ever see things happened like this?

The confirmation shows you all go to, is that only Doberman or also All Breeds? Just curious if it is the same as over here, I know there is a different, cause you have people who bring your dog into the ring, and there is a different way of showing, we put the dog a show leash on who hangs freely over the neck, and overhear people do it herself or the breeder. Are there more different things? I just wonder.

I will put some pictures, but sorry for the quality, it isn’t that good, the light was not so good either.

Those are the winning dobers

And here some other breeds

And the wonderful Judge and his staff

It been a long story, finally I found the time, I have been so busy these days,

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
Your conformation system is totally different that ours, and I have not really taken the time yet to try and figure it out. It does sound like the judge was confused about what he was doing - that is really too bad. I have seen bad judging but nothing like that where things were changed after the fact. At our shows, you would go get the AKC representative and file a complaint. I'm sure pretty awful judging has occured here (and I have heard some stories of it), but I have not been around long enough to witness anything really terrible other than bad taste in Dobermans :)

I think the pictures are great - especially for indoor photography. My digital camera takes terrible pictures at indoor shows so I have stopped even bringing it. I'd like to get a better camera but just don't have the extra $1000 it would cost for a good one - LOL!!

Our system is segregated by sex till the Best Of Breed class. In each sex we have: 6-9 month puppies, 9-12 month puppies, 12-18 month puppies, American Bred, Bred by Exhibitor, and Open. Sometimes classes are further divided by color: Black and AOAC (Any other allowed color). The open classes are usually divided by color at every show. At specialty Doberman shows, the other classes may be divided by color also.

The winner of each class returns to the ring and Winners Dog and Winners Bitch are then selected. These are the dogs that get the championship points. After that, we have Best Of Breed which includes finished champions of both sexes AND winner bitch and Winners dog. They compete equally. From this class, Best of Breed, Best opposite sex, and Best of Winners (either winners bitch or winners dog) is chosen. The BOB dog or bitch goes on the compete in the working group against all the other BOB winners. Then the winner of the group goes on the compete in Best In Show with the other group winners........there are 7 groups.

In our system, a puppy can win points. I think every system is confusing to the people who are not involved in it. I still am learning our system......but I'm getting better at keeping it pretty straight in my head.

Obedience and performance competition is completely seperate from conformation here. There are titles you can earn if a dog competes and titles in all areas: comformation, obedience, temperament.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Did they do away with our Novice class? Or did it slip your mind because no one ever enters it, lol.

Notice the pictures of the Afghans in the ring. See how they're being stacked somewhat similarly to the way we do it here in the US? I've noticed that about several other breeds in Europe, Weimaraners for one, and some other sporting breeds.

I had always had the impression, given to me by the European Doberman people, that the way they show Dobermans in Europe was the "European" way and was natural, whereas ours is artificial. But it seems that "European way" only exists for some breeds.

In the US, dogs can be handled by anyone, owners, breeders, or professionals who are paid to show the dogs. In some breeds, it is more common to see owners showing their own dogs. In Dobermans that is less common because there is so much competition in the Doberman ring. The AKC forbids double handling, so family and friends cannot be making a commotion outside the ring to et the dog's attention.

Elly, do you see how the two winning dogs in the Doberman picture look like there's something wrong with their rear? Why do the handlers let them stand that way?

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the most like you describe Velmadobe is a bit similair as here, we also have a BOB who goes at the end of the day to the final ring with all breeds,

Our system is segregated by sex till the Best Of Breed class. In each sex we have: 6-9 month puppies, 9-12 month puppies, 12-18 month puppies, American Bred, Bred by Exhibitor, and Open. Sometimes classes are further divided by color: Black and AOAC (Any other allowed color). The open classes are usually divided by color at every show. At specialty Doberman shows, the other classes may be divided by color also.

I think that is similair, only with the all breed shows the puppies are not there, also the color, and the sex, from each class they take the best, and the best is getting the CAC IB, youth dogs can not win the CACIB only CAC, The IB is for international, you need I thought 4 CAC IB to be the dutch champion,

Yes Micdobe the one that was the winner, was strange for me too, but I am not a jugde, and to be honest not a real show person, I like to go with my friend to it as company, and to look at the nice things they selling, and to see all the poodles chiwawa, with the owners who are doing the hair and everything, I think over the years, I have seen many dogs, Lindsey my female I wrote her in once and a while she was a beautiful dog, even become the 4 th place on the big Winner show in Amsterdam. I like to do training with my dogs, that gives me more pleasure. But those two dogs I don't know, I don't know over with you but its not aloud to do second handling, so no playtugs or food before the ring only showing, this woman has a bag for her stomach, with all food in it and feed him terribly.

But you know the atmosphere was strange, the lady cames, when you come you have your own cage to put your dog in, she changed the numbers on the cage, from someone with a other breed at the other side of the hall.
There were not much dobers, only 11 as wel males as females total.
Overhere when there is a all breed show you may be happy if you get 10 dobes, the group of the dobermann was in the same ring as the Berner Senner dog, and the chiwawa (I think you write this different)

On this page http://www.dobermann.nl/ there are more pictures, I cannot copy them to put them here cause they have copywright when you go to the news, and then show in Bleiswijk you will see more pictures of the dogs.

I don't know if it in Germany works the same as here, and may be Brumwolf can tell how things goes in England, but I can assure you, the way it was on Sunday it wasn't the way it had to be, and it was the first time I notice something like that, hopefully it was the last time as well!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
micdobe said:
Did they do away with our Novice class? Or did it slip your mind because no one ever enters it, lol.
LOL! I thought about putting in Novice class but figured it would just be confusing since I hardly ever see it in reality........at least out here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts