Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, tomorrow is my last Doberman free day :dancing_b . I pick little jazz up on Monday. Wow time flys. Except these last few days :tongue23: LOL.

Yes I will take TONS of pics.

I allready puppy proffed the kitchen. I am planning on baby gateing it off for when I am not hom so the puppy can be in there. All the cubords now have child proof locks on them. What else should I do? Not big enough to reach the counters, but I will keep everything pushed back.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i did the same thing with jack when he was smaller.. i gated him in my kitchen.. then when he was a tad bigger and able to hold his pee better he got crate trained.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Watch out for your baseboards, furniture knobs Jenn. Java was a chewer. Our breeder sent her home with her polar fleece blanket and a stuffed bear to snuggle with - this was before she learned how to 'gut' a toy in 10 secs or less! I also found that a crate helped immensely - it became her 'safe spot'. Plus puppies try not to soil their sleeping area, so it helped with housebreaking. As she got older I also bought a collapsible canvas crate - much easier to pop into the back of the car. Don't keep the house extra quiet when she sleeps - I'd keep at least the radio turned on ('easy listening' and not too loudly) so that if/when I needed to go out the house wasn't too quiet. That way puppy will learn to sleep through anything. I also found the Dogs and Puppies for Dummies series a big help. Good luck!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx.

I allways keep the TV on for the older dogs. Call me a suck. LOL.

Should I spray Bitter Apple on the Table legs just in case?

Im so EXCITED. It's tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts