Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

With the inevitable passing of our beloved Airedale named Liza, we've seen a change in the behavior of our 2.5 yr. old male Doberman (Lasker).

For all of Lasker's life, our rough & ready Airedale was the alpha; in charge of "homeland security", while Lasker relagated himself to being a goofy tag-along. Now Lasker immediately bolts to the door when there's a knock or sound, having promoted himself to head of "homeland security". He's outgrown half of his goofiness seemingly overnight.

He also velcros himself to my wife when she's awake at night and I'm sleeping-something he didn't feel the need to do when we had our Airedale. I'm becoming more impressed with our breed daily.What about you?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but kudos to your guy for stepping up as the protector! Yes, they are an AMAZING breed. I noticed that when my husband was home over Christmas (he works overseas) my dobe was a lot more laid back and not as worried about things. As soon as he left though, Gunner was right back to being super protective and alerts me to anything that is out of place. It's like he just knows that I'm a female alone with two kids. He's young at only 7 months, but already his protective instincts are incredible. Very awesome breed we have for sure :D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I agree with everything said above..............there is not a day goes by that my Devon isn't watching the yard or neighborhood and alerting us of squirrels or cats.........LOL! When she's in the house she is attached to me or my husband:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts