Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we got our first boat yesterday and couldnt wait to go out in it. We had originally said no dogs on our first outing. But after hubby's tantrums from the Saints game last night I guess he had a change of heart. LOL None of my dogs have ever been on a boat. I was very impressed with them all. They all seemed to enjoy it very much! :) Kyrah was a little stressed for about 5 -10 mins with some panting but other than that she was great!

They all wanted to be up here in the begining.

Kyrah kept thinking she was queen of the world.

My first time ever driving a boat. Well besides when I was a kid and ran my dads boat halfway up the bank. hehe

Kyrah decided to go lay down and wait for mom to finish driving. I guess this will be her seat. It fits her well.

It was a bit chilly especially when we picked up some speed. Tippy & Cujo went under my feet to snuggle. Kyrah finally decided snuggling with other dogs might not be such a bad idea.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Great pictures! I packed all my Saints gear away for next season. I was disappointed :(

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like fun and a full boatload! :butfly:
Yes, we knew it was a bit small for the dogs if we wanted to bring other people. But didnt want one any bigger for our first. I dont mind the dogs being under foot b/c if they arent I wonder where they are. LOL My youngest daughter will have the biggest issue with it. My oldest daughter will add another dog (Dexter) to the mix. :)

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,621 Posts
I think it looks like it will be fun! I like Kyrah's seat. Coco would claim that one too! Congrats on the new boat! :butfly:

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They need life jackets and shades to be appropriately outfitted for boating. :)
I am working on life jackets. Really was not expecting to go out this soon. There is a bimini top on the boat. It was barely 70° and sunny! An almost perfect temperature for slow riding. We were out for only about an hour and half and as it got cooler as you can see in the snuggle picture they had my jacket and sweater. I had a light long sleeve shirt left. :)

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like fun! I can't wait until this summer to see how our Stella likes the water and the boat. The kids are dying to see what she thinks about the pool. :)
I bet they cant wait! I am sure they are going to have a blast!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kyrah lying on the white bench reminds me of this Magnum episode where Magnum is a James Bond like type guy. There is a funny scene with the two Dobies in the luxury jet. Dobies are so distinguished dogs ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts