Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kyra is 4 1/2 months old and weighs 37 lbs. She took three flight to reach us in AR from her breeder in Michigan last week. We delayed getting her for 6 weeks becuase we wanted her first weeks with us to be when we had lots of time to be with her over the holidays.

It took her two days to recover from her travels but she is doing well now and is a very sweet and calm tempered little girl. She isn't much of a ball chaser yet but she loves to fetch her soft frisbee. The vet checked her today and all is well.

Thanks to all for the great information on this site. It makes it a bit easier and less worrisome for people that haven't been owned by a Doberman before.

Greg

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Wow a new baby in the house for the holidays.. how much fun that is going to be... Congrats to you and yours...We look forward to more posts on Kyra as she grows..

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm so happy for you now that you have your little girl home. She's a looker, that's for sure! Keep us informed about everything that's going on!
Paul

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Nice pictures and congratulations.....Welcome.......If she fetches a frisbee, should be no problem getting her to fetch a ball.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking for awhile learning all I can from the more experienced. If anyone is truly interested about her breeder PM me for the details.

I just don't want to start another one of those puppy mill posts. I am very happy now thinking I have one of the best Dobergirls in the world; and don't care to find our differently.

I just hope I can be as good an owner as she deserves! If there is a weak link in our pairing it is me not her.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thats a Wise choice to not Post anything about Your Breeder lol obviously Your aware of the Heat I Recieved and once again thats a very Good Looking Dobe!

·
Extraordimary
4,925 Posts
parkgt said:
I am very happy now thinking I have one of the best Dobergirls in the world; and don't care to find our differently.
QUOTE]

I'm just going to say that is one of the saddest things I've read now. Not even caring to know if your dog is from a good breeder or not ... Ok, you people win. I just don't want to be around a group of people who are not learners.

As I explained to the moderator in a private post, I want my images removed from the gallery. I've tried to offer up some educational posts in my time here, and that includes the ones about puppy mills and there are just too many people here who don't get it and who don't want to get it. There is another poster here who has often said in the past that it's no crime to be ignorant, but it ought to be when those who are fight to remain that way.

You say you care about Dobermans and you profess to love your dogs, but there is a much bigger picture out there and that is the breed and what is happening to it. Rescues are out of control - groups are having to turn away dogs in need because there are just too many of them always coming, coming, coming. People breed them indiscriminately. No one stands up to those people, and in fact, they BUY from those people and support their practices.

If you all want to be happy for the people who support puppy mills, have at it.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Mary,

First off, I will be sad to see you leave Dobermantalk. I can see how you feel as though you are fighting an uphill battle in rescue, heck, you are fighting an uphill battle with rescue. Irresponsible, back yard and commercial breeders do pose a threat to not only our breed but all breeds. You're dedication and committment to the breed and education are to be thanked and comended.
I feel as though I can safely say on behalf of the forum that we all appreciate you knowledge and willingness to share it. As far as I know, you have never been told to keep your opinions, thoughts or knowledge to yourself. What good is a forum where people can't express themselves? However, we do wish for people to express their opinions in a respectful manner. As badly as I would like to just take a hammer and drive information into someone's head, I know it won't work, neither will criticising or berating the person. We are trying very hard to make dobermantalk a forum where people can freely discuss their dogs, ask questions, learn and share experiences. As I said in the past, that can't be done if the members are scared that they are going to be jumped on when they post. I can understand where Parkgt is coming from in not wanting to announce their breeder. Of course there are guidelines on what to look for concerning a good breeder, but I'm sure you are aware that the opinions of all breeders vary greatly. By all means, express your opinions, just please do so in a respectful manner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a sweet looking girl. Congrats to you and Kyra. She looks like she has some good sized legs on her.

I live in No. Lower MI. May I ask who your breeder is?

Nancy and the Dober Crew

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mary,

Be sad all you want! It is too late for me to make another decision. I did the best I could to find a breeder I felt comfortable with and avoided several potential puppy mills and B Y breeders. I have my little pup and I am going to enjoy her and not look back on something I can't undo.

Maybe you should make a directory of all the breeders you consider unacceptable. That way people could have the benefit of your opinions before the fact rather than after.

·
Registered
365 Posts
parkgt said:
Kyra is 4 1/2 months old and weighs 37 lbs. She took three flight to reach us in AR from her breeder in Michigan last week. We delayed getting her for 6 weeks becuase we wanted her first weeks with us to be when we had lots of time to be with her over the holidays.
Wow three flights.......that's further than I go for holidays!! She is a well travelled miss. Congrats on your new baby parkgt. Looking forward to following her progress. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts