Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad all my dogs have quick release collars. Yesterday Alex and Suzy were "horsing around" As usual Suzy was bullying him and grabbing his collar - well she got it all twisted and I'm on the phone long distance with my mother I hear this yelping, see her mouth all twisted up in the collar, throw the phone down and grabbed the collar's quick release. She was shaken up and I think this may have cured her from doing it again. I think she may have lost a tooth or even strangeld Alex had I a) not been there b) not had a quick release collar. Just an FYI for how great these things are.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I bet you were shaken up to! So glad you were there and had the collars on. I was just thinking yesterday when I was putting Chi on her tieout to eat a juicy rib that I needed to get a quick release collar or a harness for her - This story clinches it - will go shopping today :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
OMG glad they are okay! We never leave the collars on the dogs when they are in the house or playing in the yard for that reason...there is no way they are getting out of either...we are always with them when they play in the yard.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Thanks for posting your experience, wow, glad they are non the worse for wear! And you too, I know how the panic feels too see something like that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah we have a prong collar that im happy to say we never put on him unless we go for a walk, but he has learned to walk really great on it so its not posing a problem to hurting him. But i also would not have gotten it had it not had a quick release on it as well!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Wow, I am glad that they are all okay. My dogs dont wear collars in the house (usually) Sometimes I will forget and leave one on them, but I try to keep them off for just this reason. If they did wear them all the time, I would def get the quick release. I am so glad that everything turned out good, and that you were there to help untangle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts