Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my gosh. I got Chi her first Kong today. Why didn't you all tell me how great these things are????? Even though she's through the teething stage, she's become a very serious and aggressive chewer. She'll go through a rope bone in 10 minutes, she just shreds it. Forget about giving her a stuffed toy, they're butter to her. I have been meaning to order one for her forever but just kept putting it off.
She destroyed her last rope bone this morning and I HAD to get her something that would last more than a few minutes. I drove out to the kennel where I got her and thankfully they had them in stock. It's black and hollow and now I understand the concept of stuffing it with pb or cheese or whatever. She loves chasing it since it bounces all over the place. This is the best dog toy ever!!!

~Tracy

·
Registered
491 Posts
We have the red Kongs, and Sasha is a destroyer, but she cant hardly even put a tooth mark in these things! I put Scooby Snacks and peanut butter in ours, and they totally love them!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Gracie has 2 or 3 Kong toys. She has a red and a black one or maybe 2 black ones. I fill her ball with peanut butter and in the summer I fill it and set it in the freezer over night, then give it to her in the morning before I head into work. :)

I like to put peanut butter, with carrots in it. Sometimes I put cheese, peanut butter, dog treats or food in it. I should try those fish that you sent, those would go great with peanut butter. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes gunner loves to chase his kong. Go to ther web site they have recipes for the kongs. they're great.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
KONGS ARE GRRREEAAAT! We use the red ones too...and we find hard treats that can be shoved in there if you squeeze the kong...then it comes out only if it breaks...so when I give it to Duchess she takes it goes lays down on the stairs...lifts her head up and squeezes the kong in her mouth hopeing that it comes out that way...then she will try to throw it down the stairs so that it breaks....she'll run down and get it...climb back up the stairs and throw it down again lol GENIUS! lol My boyfriends dog ...(the golden retriever) yuck Im glad i dont have a slobberer lol he will take the Kong and just lick at it until the treat and everything is covered in slobber and the treat is mush! yuck lol
we stick to any other rubber toys...like these rubber springs we have...and then these rings that are looped together...for tug a war games... or we just got this planet dog rubber ball since their tennis ones...dont last a day! lol Ill post pics of these great durable rubber toys you might also want to try

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
My dogs have never been that up on Kongs.. i just don't know why.. now a flat soccer ball is another story!! Spirit and Gypsy love them.. we get a ball and they flatten it within about 10 minutes and then the fun is on!! Raven is not much of a player, and never has been.. Iris has found an old buffalo bone in the yard that she loves. She play football with it and shoves it between her legs like a football center.. it is too funny!! Stuffed animals are a no no around our house.. they last only about 2 minutes and Spirit tries to eat the stuffing!! rope toys are the same.. a no no.. Gypsy shreds them and tries to eat the string.. Oh dogs are something else aren't they!! got to love them!!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
My guys haven't been too into the kongs either... I have one that if I put stuff in it, Lex will pay attention to it, but otherwise, nope!

Good for Chi, lets see her TRY to destroy that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts