Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone put in their kongs? I put Azura's treats in and they just fall out of the hole and then I found out about peanut butter and she just licks it out with no effort so I have no clue what to put in it now.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Peanut butter only really works well if you freeze it before giving it to the dog.

I mix about a 45/65 mix of wet/dry food and cram it on into the kong for Dreizehn. It's how he gets his dinner sometimes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I use lots of stuff! Greek yogurt, peanut butter (the low fat, no sugar added kind), pureed carrot mixed with PB, pureed kibble (after its soaked in water)... whatever I can think of! I try to mix it up for her. I have three that I rotate so I can make sure they're clean and theres always one in the freezer when I need it... they buy me a good 30-45min of peace! lol

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Rollover makes these mini beef crunchies that slide into the medium kong perfectly, (just squeeze the kong to make an oval opening). That keeps them entertained a while, until they figure out how to just keep crunching on the whole kong. :D

I like using egg and cheese. Hot cooked egg goes in then cheese, cheese melts and you get some good licking time.

Frozen helps for dogs who stay interested long enough. Mine would never look at frozen kongs.

·
Super Moderator
22,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
We do:

Tuna & Mayo
Peanut butter
Carrots and peas
Cheese and kibble
Ham & pate paste
Mince meat
Mackerel & toast

Sometimes I freeze them, sometimes I just leave them as is. I like to mix it up to keep it interesting.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Geez you guys are fancy :p I use wet dog food (high quality that is the same brand as his food) and freeze it. Sometimes I add in a little bit of kibble too with the wet food and freeze it.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
I layer wet and dry dog food and freeze it. Elke's new favorite is the wet food with liver (I think it's chicken and turkey liver). I want to try the tripe as well that MeadowCat suggested. We've been using the frozen kongs in the car and it is calming her down somewhat.

I think I need to get a bigger Kong now - she kills the frozen ones in about 20 minutes.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Peanut butter, plain yogurt, mixed up with kibble, treats, sliced carrots or fresh green beans, mashed banana, lean chicken. I'd never thought of wet food, I bet they'd love that! We freeze them as well and they're usually good for an hour or two of happy dogs and slurping sounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts