Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KONG at home Space Saving Double-Door Crate

This is the crate we have for Kaiser. When we went to buy a crate, it was the only one we could find in a suitable size.

I hatehatehate it.

For a long time, when he was still little, Kaiser was afraid of the doors. They make a ridiculous racket and move in a way that I imagine could be scary to puppies.

The sliding doors make it difficult to keep a smaller dog from slipping under when you try and teach him to "sit" and "stay" in his crate instead of racing out and running around crazily.

The doors frequently stick and get stuck.

I've pinched myself AND poor Kaiser opening and closing these doors.

The side door doesn't lay down flat. It sticks up awkwardly in the air. Also, if you use the divider, you can't open the side door anyway, as you have to connect it to the side bar. This is very inconvenient when the front crate door decides to stick for a week and you have to use the side door.

I would never ever recommend that anyone get this crate. I'm saving my money for a new one!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this, but glad for the heads up. We have gotten these in at the Petsmart I work at, but I haven't seen one set up, yet. I don't like to recommend stuff that folks will be unhappy with, and so will not recommend these.

You do know that you can return this baby, yes? Even if it's been a while, even if you don't have the receipt... take it back, tell 'em it's crap and that you want your money back. Oh... don't buy the Petmate LOL! It has an attractive kinda hammered pewter-y look to it, but there are gaps everywhere that parts should come together tightly... lots of places for various body parts and bits to get stuck.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this, but glad for the heads up. We have gotten these in at the Petsmart I work at, but I haven't seen one set up, yet. I don't like to recommend stuff that folks will be unhappy with, and so will not recommend these.

You do know that you can return this baby, yes? Even if it's been a while, even if you don't have the receipt... take it back, tell 'em it's crap and that you want your money back. Oh... don't buy the Petmate LOL! It has an attractive kinda hammered pewter-y look to it, but there are gaps everywhere that parts should come together tightly... lots of places for various body parts and bits to get stuck.
I love my petmate crates! I have the boring black ones, and they are well constructed and strong.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
I have the extra large dbl. door Kong cage. I like it myself, I have never used the side door but the front door was a bit hard to get use to because it slides up. It was easy to put together, is strong and I really like mine.I got mine at Petsmart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
KONG at home Space Saving Double-Door Crate

This is the crate we have for Kaiser. When we went to buy a crate, it was the only one we could find in a suitable size.

I hatehatehate it.

For a long time, when he was still little, Kaiser was afraid of the doors. They make a ridiculous racket and move in a way that I imagine could be scary to puppies.

The sliding doors make it difficult to keep a smaller dog from slipping under when you try and teach him to "sit" and "stay" in his crate instead of racing out and running around crazily.

The doors frequently stick and get stuck.

I've pinched myself AND poor Kaiser opening and closing these doors.

The side door doesn't lay down flat. It sticks up awkwardly in the air. Also, if you use the divider, you can't open the side door anyway, as you have to connect it to the side bar. This is very inconvenient when the front crate door decides to stick for a week and you have to use the side door.

I would never ever recommend that anyone get this crate. I'm saving my money for a new one!
Do you still have these crate I will buy it from you pay for shipping anything I dont know what you are talking about the crate it is the only crate my dogs can't get out of.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Do you still have these crate I will buy it from you pay for shipping anything I dont know what you are talking about the crate it is the only crate my dogs can't get out of.
The individual in question has not returned to the forum in years. Seven years, to be exact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts